HI, having hard time with consistent healthy eating and exercise habits

Options
Hi I'm Heather. I've been using myfitnesspal for quite a time and i'll do good for a week or two but then fall off the wagon. I'm not sure what to do. when i try to eat within my calories i end up binging at night and have gained about 30 lbs form the time i first started to use this website. Its not the webistes fault but just a psychological addiction thing for me on many levels with lack of exercise and food choices. i have a hard time giving up anything that 'comforts' me and love lounging around way too much, even tho i want to do a complete 180 with my lifestyle. I've tried everything from one step at a time to make a slow gradual change to complete immersion. nothing has stuck. Very frustrated but I'm not giving up. Thought i would finally reach out to the community on here and see if maybe i can hook up with some people in the interest of motivating each other. Dont know if that will help but i figure it can't hurt! Starting my first day tmrw of getting up early and walking every morning. I've got a separate color coded fitness tracker and everything. But I could definitely use some friends who are serious and committed to making a real change in their lifestyle and sharing healthy recipe ideas and everything. Let me know if you want to be friends. Mutual encouragement and talking about the real issues underneath trying to make the changes is my interest and intention in friendship over this medium.

Replies

• angels2013
    angels2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me I will support you
  • estygirl22
    estygirl22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm always here to help and motivate. The most important thing to remember is ure not giving up.
    This life style change has to come within side of you, no one else can do it for u. You can do this even within your comfort zones. Just stay positive, youve got this!!!!!
    -bree
  • Lizaq2167
    Lizaq2167 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was the same way and then in the last 9 months I have been dedicated and have lost 46 lbs, countless inches, off my nightly sleep meds, no more depression and anxiety, no more sugar cravings, have abundant energy, etc. I found some supplements that have helped me with all of this and have changed my life. Stay motivated, you can do it!!
  • heatherzen78
    heatherzen78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!! I'm hoping by staying connected this time around it might meake a real difference for staying motivated and not falling off the wagon.