Eating before or after exercing???

Options
I have a ? I have a two block in my day where I can go and workout and eat lunch. I go to a gym called curves so my workout is 30min, my ? is should I eat my lunch before I go and work out or after?
Danielle

Replies

• moonchild6984
    Options
    I have a ? I have a two block in my day where I can go and workout and eat lunch. I go to a gym called curves so my workout is 30min, my ? is should I eat my lunch before I go and work out or after?
    Danielle
  • fayevest
    fayevest Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After if you are doing strengh training. Your body absorbs nutrients most after a workout and it's important to have protien to help your muscles repair. :)

If you are doing cardio, it doesn't matter so much, but you don't want to eat RIGHT before you workout. Eating a small snack about 1-2 hours before you workout (like a banana) is good for energy.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i eat a lite snack before i exercise... I feel weak and dizzy after a while if i don't
  • laurenwatts
    Options
    :smile:

My personal trainer has told me you do not eat an hour before excersizing or for 30-60 mins after, if you eat before your body is only working off what you have eaten and when you finish excersizing it is still burning calories for uotp an hour afterwards so if you eat you can disrubt this.
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    :smile:

My personal trainer has told me you do not eat an hour before excersizing or for 30-60 mins after, if you eat before your body is only working off what you have eaten and when you finish excersizing it is still burning calories for uotp an hour afterwards so if you eat you can disrubt this.

That's good to know- I was wondering that too.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Actually I have read that you should eat after you exercise because that is when your metabolism is at its peak and its burning what you eat for up to an hour after a really hard workout.
  • Margy82
    Margy82 Posts: 63
    Options
    I know that I get really bad cramps if I eat before exercising. I exercise right when I get up, this gives me energy for the entire day, and then I don't have to do it when I get home at night.