PCOS Sufferers

Options
erinlane93
erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All :) anyone who has PCOS feel free to add me, I was diagnosed when I was 16. Currently lost 31 pounds and have 21 pounds to loose to reach this years goals o:)

Replies

• epixstudiosnh
    epixstudiosnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Adding!! I have had PCOS for a long time and it is TERRIBLE. It has made this whole process so hard. Awesome job so far!!!
  • NixThe76
    NixThe76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with pcos just in January. It definitely makes losing weight so much harder. I've been struggling for nearly two years to get back to my pre pregnancy weight (35 pounds to go....) because no matter what I did, I barely lost weight or couldn't lose any at all. I just started Metformin last month and it's fortunately helping. Feel free to add me!
  • erinlane93
    Options
    Hey ☺️ don't be feeling so down, stay positive, your bettering yourself! Always set small goals and know your not the only one and that you are strong and you can do this!x
  • erinlane93
    Options
    Hey ☺️ don't be feeling so down, stay positive, your bettering yourself! Always set small goals and know your not the only one and that you are strong and you can do this!x
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed at 14. I have lost 78 pounds. Am I the only one who thinks it has gotten worse since losing weight? I have way more cyst pain. Hopefully when I reach goal weight it will go away like it does for most people. Feel free to add me.
  • jaxxrocks
    jaxxrocks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have PCOS too. Add me :) I look forward to talking and losing weight with y'all
  • junosunderland
    junosunderland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too! It sucks >_> Good on you for losing what you have, good luck continuing! (also only mildly related, but your eyebrows are killer!)
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Was diagnosed about a year ago. Please feel free to add me :) There are also a few MFP groups for those diagnosed with PCOS - they are wonderful places of support.
  • esmie3
    esmie3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed at 23 and each time I've attempted to lose some weight it's been a struggle. Please feel free to add. I'll need to find these MFP groups for PCOS support. Having this condition certainly makes this journey much more difficult.
  • nehakewl
    nehakewl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat... Sailing through turbulent sea... At times it becomes so frustrating...
  • javachip101
    javachip101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. Was diagnosed around about 10 years ago. This January I finally decided to really start doing something about my overall health. I started with MyFitnessPal with the intent to count calories and drop pounds, However, that goal has since morphed into simply getting into shape. I've lost a total of 28 pounds with another 30 to go, but it is so slow. I've put the scale away, stepping on once a month now, and started measuring instead. Please feel free to add me :) Cheers
  • heylexi1
    heylexi1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 months ago and I'm using MFP to try and reduce the carbs and sugar in my every day eating. :smile: I think it is a great idea to measure vs. weigh in frequently. Feel free to add me.