120 lbs to go!

Options
treadmills_and_dinosaurs
treadmills_and_dinosaurs Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I am currently on a path to lose 120 lbs. I used to always be a good size at 180 lbs standing 5'9 and then I had my first child. I shot up to 259 lbs at his birth and being a stay home mom for three years has only allowed me to pack on the pounds even more. When I should have been focusing on losing, I was gaining. I blamed school, lack of motivation, everything but blaming myself.
Well now I am ready to take responsibility for my part in my downfall. I'm ready to grab the reins and take charge of my life. One day at a time-one meal at a time. I know to eat better, I know to move more, I just find myself being worn out from everyday life that I am "too tired" or "too busy" to take the time to workout. So I've started myself out on a 3x a week 45 minute workout schedule to start building my stamina again so that I may be able to increase my endurance and workout schedule.
I don't want to ramble on for too long so good luck to everyone here, and may we all receive what we are reaching for! :)

88946176.png

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :smile:
  • angels2013
    angels2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Add me I will support you
  • junosunderland
    junosunderland Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm just starting out too (well, sort of), and I hear you, taking charge is a nice feeling :) It's one of the rare things in my life that I have full control over, and it's time to take advantage of that!
  • treadmills_and_dinosaurs
    treadmills_and_dinosaurs Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes ladies! It is hard. I have been on this trip before. I was 277, dropped about 40lbs in 3 1/2 months and went through a complete life change. I became a single parent, I started working full time, and I was enrolled in college full time with 7 classes for the semester. I was burned out and the only thing that made me happy was baking (I LOVE to cook & bake). So my comfort to keep my mind off of things was to bake and make other people happy with my food. Problem was...I was eating it too, obviously more than I should have been. So I took charge today-went for a hike with my son & our dog. I was mindful of what I ate today, and I made sure to log it all in. I have to make myself stick with it.
    88946176.png
  • Kenellen1
    Kenellen1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome...on your exercise try to work into it slowly...45 mins can be overwhelming at first...on meals, I make salads in a jar for several lunches a week...really helps and saves time..Google for many ideas...I saute peppers and onions on Sunday's to throw in omelets for breakfast so it is just a minute to make vs chopping, cooking, etc...made a large pot of steMed cabbage, steamed green beams, etc to have veggies ready to go for dinner..cut up raw veggies for snacks..a little time on Sunday sure seems to save my week and minimize the sess of everyday life...good luck, we know you can do this...baby steps...
  • davefh0_0
    davefh0_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's a struggle but I find building a support network on here to be a great help, add me if you like.
  • jenng2385
    jenng2385 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!! And good luck with your journey!!