Best plus-size sports bras?

Needing to tame the tatas...want something supportive for exercising in. Any brands/recommendations or ones to keep away from?

Replies

• samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Shock absorber are great but make sure you get properly fitted. The girls have never escaped, are firmly in place, and have lasted well - I have one that has a small run in it, and one of the hooks is broken but I still feel confident to wear it for any exercise.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    I love my Panache.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Oh yes, totally forgot that I should probably get fitted for it. Thanks for the tip, and recommendation.
  • JoreanlikesMoose
    JoreanlikesMoose Posts: 4 Member
    Moving Comfort keeps me from accidentally knocking myself out when I run.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Enell are really supportive - I wear then for rebounding.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Funny enough, I love my LuLuLemon bra called the Ta Ta Tamer :). It's very supportive, especially when I cross the straps.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    I went to a running store and had them help fit me. I've found the Moving Comfort ones to be the best for me, but I highly suggest trying on lots of different ones at a store where the workers know what they're talking about :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    As a plus sized woman and even now I've tried many different sports bras, but I keep going back to my beloved Danskin.

It's a mix between a regular bra and a sports bra - there is a clasp and cross straps in the back for really great support.

It has cups so there's no uni-boob.

Coverage is great. The bra covers the entire area.

The sizings are in bra sizes not S, M, L, etc. so it's a better fit and stays in place.

It has dry fit material that helps to minimize moisture, also it's very soft and comfortable but very sturdy.

• CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm a size 38D bra. I own two of the moving comfort bras in the style called Juno and I absolutely love them. They have a racerback but a clasp at the back like a regular bra. The shoulders adjust easily. There is no underwire or anything like that, but surprisingly holds everything in place VERY well. I had tried a ton of others prior to these and never found anything that even remotely held me in properly. I highly recommend them.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Another vote for the panache here.