Here we go again~

Options
traciz78
traciz78 Posts: 19 Member
I am a 32 year old mother of 4, married to a wonderful man, but very unhappy with myself. I am going on a weight loss/life style change again. Hopefully for good this time. I am setting my mind on a year. I hope to have shed at least 60 lbs in a year.

Replies

• Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with your weight loss journey! This site is awesome and everybody is super supportive!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    welcome to MFP traciz78. i am about 2 weeks into it and have goals very similar to yours. i have found great support from this site. i have never been into instant messaging or facebook (other than to keep track of my teenager) but i am loving this. hope it works well for you also. i will send you a friend request-would love to share the journey with you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Good morning and welcome. I have to admit when I read the opening thread, here we go again, I read it to the tune of the song 'Here we go again...." don't know the rest of the words but it made me smile...:smile:
  • jslysiak
    jslysiak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have been on this site for about 3 weeks and am addicted, I love it! Hope you do too.::happy:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck. We have very similar goals. I'd love to be part of your support system and vice versa. Please feel free to add me. Remember, one day at a time. There will be minor setbacks and thats ok. Tomorrow is a fresh start!
  • cmyers356
    cmyers356 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck with your weight loss journey! This site is awesome and everybody is super supportive!
    I Totally agreeee!!! 7485823.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome young Lady
    I can very much relate to the "go again" part. Been there a four times myself. Promising myself that this time I will make it stick. The cool thing about this journey is that we can start again every single day and simply never stop. And yes, the earlier posters are quite correct, this site will be a wonderful support for you, not to mention your four kids who will thank you for all the changes you are making to life fitter and healthier and of course your hubby will be delighted too. I can only imagine how tough it must be to find the time to focus on yourself a bit. Just remember you are worth it and deserve it.
  • cmyers356
    cmyers356 Posts: 3
    Options
    Always Remember "Every Days A New Day":happy: 7485823.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    one day...hell one meal at a time....don't beat yourself up if you mess up a bit just refocus and get back on track, so the "Here we go again" is a good motto...just keep going and we'll be there for you!

just take it slow and have small goals and break up that 60 lb goal into mini ones or you will go nuts.

just make it a lifestyle and don't drprive yoursefl of anything if you can build it into a healthy sensible plan then "Away we go"
  • traciz78
    traciz78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the positive feedback! I am doing better this time around. I'm learning better ways to eat and I am not depriving myself of ALL of my favorite foods. I feel great and my kids are really supportive. They are eating the healthier foods with me, thank goodness!!

I didn't think I would be able to find the time to exercise, as I work over 50 hours a week and I am in college (plus I have the four kids, ya know), but we walked over four miles yesterday and I have found spurts of time to work in some heart rate increasing exercises!

I can do this. I will do this. I am stronger than this fat!