how long did it take you to lose 20 pounds?

Options

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I started at 187 lb on 30 September and hit 167 lb for the first time on 13 February, so that took 4.5 months. That was pretty much my goal weight (I was aiming for 165 lb at that stage). However, it took another two weeks before I was no longer hitting 167 lb at any point in my regular weight fluctuation! I am now at 159 lb.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Took me about 2 months to lose my first 20...now I'm down to about 1.25-1.5 lbs a week on average, every so often more than that or sometimes less...
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    First 20 took me 2 months, second 20 took me 4 months...
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Two and a half months to lose first 20 lbs.
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just under a month. But, I started at over 300lbs - and then I gained some back, hovered for a while, and kicked my own *kitten*.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 17 lbs and so far it's been three months and about 8 days.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Nine months. No matter what I did or didn't do, it went at an average of half a pound a week. There's been some hiccups and it's taken me along time to get into the mind set.

Sounds like me, glad I'm not the only one! Gosh I'm a little envious of those that lost 20lbs in a few short weeks/months but hey ho, it's not a race and we got there in the end!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest but did not know about MFP or have any real clue about how CICO worked...it took me roughly 3 years to lose the first 20 lb.

After losing some weight and then finding MFP, I was still 262 lb but that first 20 lb (using MFP) only took about 2 months.

Now that I am finally in a healthy weight range though, it has taken me over a year to lose the most recent 20 lb.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    23lbs in three months. The last month really slowed down a lot. These last 5 pounds are going to be hard, but now I'm looking less at the scale and more at my measurements/body changes.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm close to my first 20 lbs lost. I have been at it for a little over 3 months with 16 lbs lost. I expect it will take about 4 months for me, I seem to be losing at a rate of 5 lbs a month.
  • lowcarber87
    lowcarber87 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    First 20 pounds took less than 4weeks. A lot of water weight but it still needs to go!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 so everything is harder LOL Took me almost 4 months to lose 20 pounds. Started at 188.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,000 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just under 9 weeks.

Started with my weight just within the the overweight range ... so not very heavy.
    And I'm in my late 40s ... knocking on 50's door.

I didn't mean to lose that fast. I don't have it set up for that big a drop ... I have it set up to lose about half that. So I'm not sure what happened ... but I do exercise a lot.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19lbs in 9 weeks. I eat around 1500 calories a day and never log under 12k steps.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    2 months for the first 20. 3.5 for the second. I have a normal BMI now and it has taken 68 days to lose 14 pounds.
  • Megeffer
    Megeffer Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A little over 2 months. I am 5'6 and Started at 221 and this next 20 is MUCH slower. But I also started working out so I don't lose muscle so I know my body is retaining water. Don't stress over the time, just know you are making healthy choices that are good for your body.
  • Jataelle
    Jataelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It took me about a 3 weeks to a month to lose my first 20 lbs but my starting weight was about 340 lbs. And it continuously slows down from there. On average I lose about 2-3lbs per week right now.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm down 18 lbs after 9 weeks, so in another week or 2 I should be down 20. I Started at 210.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i know everybody's different.
    but I am curious.

3 months...but I intentionally did it slow. It can be done one one
    month depending on your start weight.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Depends on how much you have to lose overall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!