Ugh!!! Please tell me it's waterweight

Options
I went on a 4 day trip with a lot of food (and some of it very unhealthy) involved. I went 500-1000 calories over my daily goal everyday (I usually have a 1000 calory deficit daily). I stepped on the scale as soon as I came home and I am 6(!!!!!!!!)lbs heavier than I was Monday morning.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    unless you over ate by 21000 calories over maintenance then it is primarily water weight ….

I just got back from a ten day trip and I am not even bothering stepping on scale today, I am going to wait until next friday ….
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your period coming
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Think it's water retention due to carbs and alcohol. Hope to see the numbers drop fast over the next few days.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ^ drink a lot of water between now and your next weight in and you should see about a three to five pound drop as this will help get rid of the bloating...
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    How do you maintain a 1k daily deficit? Oo
  • JoReddBowe
    JoReddBowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hold up. 1k deficit daily? I think I just am misunderstanding, but you're not ending each day with "1000 remaining" right??
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Drink your water and give it three days. It will come back off. Yes, it's water retention. You probably ingested a great deal of sodium...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    How do you maintain a 1k daily deficit? Oo

have a two pound per week weight loss goal = 1000 per day deficit ...
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Lost all the water weight and then some in just 3 days. Woohoo! And regarding how I can maintain a 1000 calorie deficit....well I eat at or just below 1500 calories daily and walk at least 12k steps. This has resulted in a 2lbs weekly weight loss on average for the past 8 weeks.