Fitbit friends and advice

Options
Rworthy
Rworthy Posts: 271 Member
Loving my new fitbit charge hr...lookimg for more friends on fitbit to join me in challenges/support/motivation and advice...

Fitbit users- how do you reach step goals (13k +) when stuck indoors?

Message me or reply if you want to be friends.

Replies

• afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i got my fitbit on wednesday this week and loving it so far. feel free to add me.. i only have a daily 10k target set.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/386MXD
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get over 20,000 steps a day with out leaving the house. I do however do multiple laps outside around my house. I couldn't manage doing that many steps staying inside, unless I got on my treadmill which I hate!!!
    I've got the zip, feel free to add me. I asdume you can still still add people even if they dont have the same fitbit model??

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3B63DC
  • Rheagansmom
    Rheagansmom Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I walk in place or use the treadmill to hit over 15000 steps daily
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like here on mfp or fitbit: hstull82@yahoo.com
    I walk laps at home & my office when I can't get a workout in.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Is walking in place the same as actual walking?? Benefits and energy wise, I mean?
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My partner argues with me that walking on the spot is not the same lol. Sometimes I do it just to get my steps in (goal)
  • chinellebell
    chinellebell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a desk cycle, ride my little bike while working in my home office.
  • Rworthy
    Options
    My partner argues with me that walking on the spot is not the same lol. Sometimes I do it just to get my steps in (goal)
    Haha. I tried this too...the internet (livestrong) says walking in place Does count as exercise. Some woman hasba workout video of just this I also saw...lol kind of a dumb video ddon't you think? You have to walk fast (enough) to get your heart rate up. ..
  • healthnut050
    healthnut050 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't have one yet but I am thinking about it. I just would need to remind myself to wear it everyday!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Rworthy wrote: »
    Haha. I tried this too...the internet (livestrong) says walking in place Does count as exercise. Some woman hasba workout video of just this I also saw...lol kind of a dumb video ddon't you think? You have to walk fast (enough) to get your heart rate up. ..

If I am short less than 1000 steps, I walk in place or up and down my hallway...LOL

It does burn calories so don't mock it.. But I guess I could try jumping jacks, walking in place, body squats, crunches all in a couple circuits and this would count as exercise to get those last 1000 steps...LOL My heart rate went up just typing that.... :#:#
  • Rworthy
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

If I am short less than 1000 steps, I walk in place or up and down my hallway...LOL

It does burn calories so don't mock it.. But I guess I could try jumping jacks, walking in place, body squats, crunches all in a couple circuits and this would count as exercise to get those last 1000 steps...LOL
    Lol..hey marching in place does get hard after a few minutes!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »

It does burn calories so don't mock it.. But I guess I could try jumping jacks, walking in place, body squats, crunches all in a couple circuits and this would count as exercise to get those last 1000 steps...LOL
    Lol..hey marching in place does get hard after a few minutes!

So very true...
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I log about 14000 a day just at work. I average 15-20,000 during the week and so far 5-10,000 on my days off. I notice I can log an easy 500 just doing dishes, cleaning laundry, taking a shower. I eve log steps at night because I will have to get up to go to the bathroom at least once. I essentially never take my fitbit off except to charge it every few days and have not found it to be much of a problem keeping it on.
  • Rworthy
    Options
    NEW QUESTION: Since I started aiming to hit 10k everyday I have stopped losing weight. I track my calories and wear fitbit 24 hours a day. Everything says I am under budget or slightly over by 100 calories or so. I always find that when I exercise more I stop losing weight. I know the story...exercise to tone and build muscle / diet to lose weight. I am just wondering if this will pass or what I am doing wrong...does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
  • Rworthy
    Options
    Also congrats to those who reach 15k around the house...I only get about 5-6k around the house and I am a stay at home mom to 2 year old and live in a trilevel.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/2XYG79

I jog in place if I can't get outside to get steps or if I just need a few more to hit my step goal.
  • purplenails
    purplenails Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    if im short on steps I use an aerobic step while watching TV. I'm upgrading to fitbit charge HR on Friday from the flex. Looking forward to trying it out
  • thathelenagirl
    thathelenagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me. h.short0303@gmail.com. I'd love new friends! I hit over 8000 steps a day but most are done at home or at the gym. I have 2 desk jobs so it makes it tougher!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Charge without the Heart Rate Monitor. I get all of my steps in by pacing, dancing, and doing stairs inside when I can't get out.
  • domoliver
    domoliver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me it's domoliver@gmail.com