Sigh

Options
So...

I almost never post but I am so frustrated. I have been trying for over a year to drop weight and I have been stuck for months at roughly 230. Now my run times are getting slower and I am feeling unmotivated and unhappy. Like losing weight is making me feel worse than I did before because I am stuck so bad. I haven't been perfect, I won't say that... Still. Ugh.

Thanks for letting me vent all...

Replies

• JediMasterNaw
    JediMasterNaw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you've been stuck for so long! It might help to remind yourself about why you started this journey in the first place and concentrate on that while changing up your routine a bit to get a jumpstart again.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Running isn't for losing weight, it's for fitness. Eating at a calorie deficit is for losing weight. Are you weighing all your solid food on a food scale? It can be frustrating to think you are doing everything right and not lose weight, but if you weigh all your foods and measure all your liquids, you'll know you are accurate with your calorie counts and can stick to your deficits. This will help with your weight loss.
    Remember that your body is not all of who you are and learn to love yourself again. think of who you are as a person, and the things that are good about you and your successes in life. Let those motivate you and help you get back on track.
  • theresaTerriM
    theresaTerriM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh 235 (on average, it fluctuated) 6 years ago. I lost 85 lbs over the course of a year and a half, and it was SUPER hard at first. You feel like you're doing all the right things but nothing happens sometimes.

The very first thing I did was stop drinking all soda...that helped so much!!

Then I stopped eating fast food, junk food, and all that other bad-for-you stuff off of a shelf or quick fix meals. I started eating a lot of vegetables, fruit, drank a ton of water and hopped on my elliptical every day. The elliptical was excellent for me as it is less stress on the joints, especially knees, and I could only do 5 min at a time. Then I slowly worked my way up to 45 min at a time on it without feeling completely out of breath.

It's baby steps. Eating right, watching what you eat and how much, drinking water, and getting exercise in.

I made a Motivational board on Pinterest too, that helps me. I find things that help me stay upbeat and motivated, pin them, and when I need a quick boost I go there for quotes, messages, etc to help as well. Don't give up!!! You can totally do this! :smile:
  • GunnDancer
    GunnDancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I went from 322 (I started losing weight before using mfp) to 230, but I am tired of being stuck.

I do feel better today, though!