gaining weight...why

Options
life5006
life5006 Posts: 10 Member
I am 12 days in. Eating just under goal calories....remodeling house along with all house chores. But I am gaining weight although my clothes seem to be not as tight. What's going on? My goal is get my BMI down so I am not obese...or overweight. Help!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat? How often do you weigh yourself? Did you start doing more exercise when you started this? How much weight have you gained? Can you open your diary so we can give more specific advice?
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food. Don't estimate things, especially cooking oils.

And also, don't be discouraged by 5 pounds here and there. Water weight can easily swing things 5 pounds one way. You have to look at long term (months, not days) trends.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you want a more relevant answer then you will need to provide details and it helps if you open up your diary. Demora can take you through it. It normally boils down to logging accurately, water retention, time of the month, natural fluctuations or just patience. You dont give enough information.
  • life5006
    life5006 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Diary now open. Thanks. Mostly I have weight watcher frozen meals..ensure high protein and high protein bars.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It's not open.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    1) You're not burning nearly as much as you think you are
    2) You're consuming more than you think you are
    3) Combination of both 1 & 2

It's one of those 3 things if you are genuinely not losing/genuinely gaining weight.

That being said, it takes time to lose weight . . . you didn't get here in 12 days did you? If you are truly eating at a deficit then you will see a loss in some time, give it time.

It takes 4 weeks for you to see a difference in yourself, 8 weeks for your close friends and family and 12 weeks for the rest of the world, so give it 12 weeks.