My recipes edited by someone else?

Options
anewstart22
anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
Has anyone noticed their recipes being changed from what you input when adding your own recipe? I just went to add my Baked Cream Cheese Stuffed Zuchinni recipe and found that four items are different which changed my recipe substantially. I had to go in and fix it.

Can others change your recipes? I didn't think anyone could edit my recipes I put in the system for my use and if that is the case then how can I stop them from doing that? I want my recipes to be for the items I purchase and use in them, not someone else's replacements that truly change my recipe and not for the better either, the ingredients are processed products I don't use and it changes the entire nutrition profile of my recipe . I am perplexed by this happening.

Replies

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think they can change them if you've made them available to the database.
    Just like people can change food items you've entered
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, just keep them in "your recipe box" & don't add it to the database.
  • victorprocure
    victorprocure Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Haven't noticed it with mine, but now you got me thinking about Baked Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini sounds incredible
  • anewstart22
    Options
    That's what is so strange, they are in my recipe box, I don't add them to the database.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can't access other people's recipes, even if they have clicked the share to database thing. It's an 'upcoming' (for the last 4+ years) feature. People can see the entry in the database, but not to components of the recipe.

It's more likely a glitch, the recipe builder has been so ridiclously glitchy since the 'upgrade'.
  • anewstart22
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Victorprocure-here it is ;)

Baked Cream Cheese stuffed Zuchinni-I use very few processed foods and I don't use lowfat, no-fat anything unless it is naturally so.

Ingredients

1 8 oz package cream cheese warmed to room temperature. (I use Philadelphia regular)
    2 green onions sliced in half and diced well.
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black course ground pepper
    6 small young zuchinni's washed and dried
    1/2 cup italian bread crumbs, I use Progresso because that is what is available to me
    1 1/2 tbsp butter (or margarine if you prefer). (I use real salted butter)

Instructions

In a small mixing bowl add the cream cheese, green onions, salt and pepper, mix with a fork, then let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes so the flavors meld. While the cream cheese is melding with the onions go on to the next step.

In a small microwaveable bowl add the bread crumbs and butter, cook in microwave for 30 seconds on high. Check to see butter is melted, if not put back in for 10 second increments until it bubbles. Mix the butter and bread crumbs and let stand on counter to absorb the butter well.

I took small young zuchinni's and sliced them in half down the middle, leaving the stems on. I then made a slice down each side of the seed section and used a tablespoon to scrape out the middle. Don't go too deep though.

Stir the cream cheese mixture and fill each zuchini with about 1 tablespoon or so of cream cheese mixture and spread it flat. Place each piece in the foil lined and oiled baking dish, it's ok if they touch each other. Continue on until all zuchini halves are filled.

Now take your bread crumb mixture and sprinkle it on top of each piece of the filled zuchinni.

Place pan in oven and bake 20 minutes, or until a fork slides right into the zuchinni easily. Bake a couple minutes longer if needed. You can cover with foil if the bread crumbs are getting too dark after the first 15 minutes or so.

I left the ends on when I served it on the plate, I thought the presentation looked nice and it was easy to cut it off with a butter knife.

The nutritional values do not include the grapeseed oil I used for the pan because it was only to keep the zuchinni from sticking. It was only a wiped layer on the foil. The values do include the real butter and the Philadelphia regular cream cheese I used so I am sure it could be made much lighter with a couple of changes but I don't use lowfat, nofat anything.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 203
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 13 g 20 %
    Saturated Fat 8 g 40 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 8 mg 3 %
    Sodium 452 mg 19 %
    Potassium 523 mg 15 %
    Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5 %
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 10 %
    Sugars 7 g
    Protein 7 g 13 %
    Vitamin A 17 %
    Vitamin C 36 %
    Calcium 8 %
    Iron 5 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

• anewstart22
    Options
    I sure wish people couldn't change any of the food items I enter, I input all info from the label and find there are many people who only add calories, or fat or sugar. It is so frustrating trying to find a complete label in the database.
  • anewstart22
    Options
    A glitch sounds reasonable, I hope that's the only recipe I find with problems in it. I will be checking all recipes now though.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Your recipe sounds yummy, and easy (I like easy!) anewstart22!
  • anewstart22
    Options
    LOL, I didn't post that to our recipe page? You can If you would like to, the pics are still too big on recipes page.
  • mygnsac
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LOL, I didn't post that to our recipe page? You can If you would like to, the pics are still too big on recipes page.

You may have, but I didn't remember it. I'll check and if it's not there, I'll add it. I'll also add some more posts over there to push it to the next page so the next time you go to that post it will be a new page and hopefully you won't have the big pic issue anymore. :)

• mygnsac
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

You may have, but I didn't remember it. I'll check and if it's not there, I'll add it. I'll also add some more posts over there to push it to the next page so the next time you go to that post it will be a new page and hopefully you won't have the big pic issue anymore. :)

Still working on it...added 11 posts and it still hasn't moved to the next page! I also learned if I try to add more than 5 posts in under 60 seconds, they give you a time out and you have to wait 120 seconds before you can post again. Ha!

• anewstart22
    Options
    LOL, thanks mygnsac! ;)
  • anewstart22
    Options
    I just had a recipe changed again yesterday. Ingredients changed, amounts changed and calories way too low and nutrients way too low again. I have an open discussion going now with help desk so we'll have an answer soon I hope.