Calories in Chicken Wings?

Going out tonight for dinner and planning on chicken wings with mild sauce. The calorie counts in the database vary wildly, from 650 to 1500 calories for 12 wings. I know the way they are prepared will vary the count, but I'm sorta lost here. Any ballpark estimates for 12 wings (not wimpy-sized like Pizza Hut wings but not HUGE either), that are a cross between super breaded and "natural" in medium hot sauce? No dipping sauce. Here's a picture of their standard wings:
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lynnwood-grill-and-brewing-concern-raleigh?select=x_1pEQ2BD3ZFt0NYSURpCw#x_1pEQ2BD3ZFt0NYSURpCw

I'm thinking 1,250 calories will probably be safe, but I'm sure someone knows better than me.

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2015
    I think your good with 1250 calories I ate 5 small wings saturday and logged 300 calories and an ounce of Ranch
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Plain chicken wings are 75-80 calories per wing.

The ones in your photo look grilled, not breaded/deep fried.

Ask them to hold the sauce and don't eat all 12. Give a few away to the people you're with and you might keep it to 800.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    those are most definitely fried not grilled.

1250 is probably about right, but it depends how much butter they use in the sauce.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    those are most definitely fried not grilled.

1250 is probably about right, but it depends how much butter they use in the sauce.
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    If you're going bigger than Pizza Hut, then you'll probably want to estimate at least 100 calories a wing. I agree that these look fried to me.
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Yeah, I think they're fried but not breaded. I'm guessing 100 calories a wing with the mild sauce. I was 300 calories under my goal yesterday so I figure a little over today won't hurt me too bad.
  • Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    Going out tonight for dinner and planning on chicken wings with mild sauce. The calorie counts in the database vary wildly, from 650 to 1500 calories for 12 wings. I know the way they are prepared will vary the count, but I'm sorta lost here. Any ballpark estimates for 12 wings (not wimpy-sized like Pizza Hut wings but not HUGE either), that are a cross between super breaded and "natural" in medium hot sauce? No dipping sauce. Here's a picture of their standard wings:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lynnwood-grill-and-brewing-concern-raleigh?select=x_1pEQ2BD3ZFt0NYSURpCw#x_1pEQ2BD3ZFt0NYSURpCw

I'm thinking 1,250 calories will probably be safe, but I'm sure someone knows better than me.

Just wanted to say that I'm from Raleigh and we love that place! Enjoy some wings for me. :-)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I eat a lot of wings and it is difficult to find the correct one to log as they vary so much. I have been using the listing for Buffalo Wild Wings as I know those are the most similar to the wings I get, just like the ones in your picture, fried with sauce. I used to count 100 cal per wing but the BWW listing is only like 70, so I'd guestimate anywhere form 70-100 per wing.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Dang! the Chicken parmesian sandwich picture on yelp looks good! you should get that... ;)