Protein high meals

Options
debeaniebaby
debeaniebaby Posts: 26 Member
hi, I am finding my diet is carb heavy and am struggling to reach my protein targets and not go over my carb targets! Any recipe ideas higher in protein please. I don't eat meat but do eat fish

Replies

• nikisimmons445
    nikisimmons445 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, one of my favourites is salmon fillet, cooked in a silver foil parcel add salt, pepper, a little garlic, sprinkle of chilli and a other herbs I use a little fresh basil, cook for 20 mins gas mark 4 or 5 put on a bed of baby leaf lettuce with balsamic vinegar with 1 or 2 poached eggs on top of salmon, yum yum x
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I always start planning my meals by working out how I'm getting my protein. Start with that then add your other meal elements. List all of your protein sources and work from there!
  • mohamedzahw
    mohamedzahw Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi there .
    I would ssuggest boiled lentils as an extremely high proteins source with relatively low callories . and unexpectedly very delicious as well .

I usually mix it with saute fried onions and a salad made of tomato. cucumber. and pepper .
  • AndrewDKM
    AndrewDKM Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Google search some paleo recipes.
  • WorkenAtIt
    WorkenAtIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder. You can easily jump up your protein intake either just drink it or add it to foods. One nice recipe is protein pancakes - scoop protein powder, 1 or 2 egg white, 1 cup partly cooked oat meal, 1 tbsp baking powder - little non-fat milk. mix it up, cook in dry non-stick frying pan. Also easy to carry or store.
  • kelseytmurray1
    kelseytmurray1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If your a fish eater - high protein will be easy! I'm always fishing and cooking my catch check out my blog for some recipes - particularly grilled blackened redfish and grill asparagus - super healthy - low carb and high protein.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kelseytmurray1/view/low-carb-fresh-redfish-dinner-exercise-filled-weekedn-742757
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Bigger portion of fish, smaller portion of potatoes/rice/pasta.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just discovered protein baps! Bread rolls but high protein, (great toasted with cottage cheese Smoked salmon and a bit of cucumber.)

Feels like carbs but with more protein!
    From memory info on my wholemeal ones so could be wrong but roughly:

Cals - 219
    Protein 22g
    Carbs 22g
    Fat 4.5
    Fibre 3 or 4g
  • debeaniebaby
    Options
    Thanks where did you get the protein baps from?
  • debeaniebaby
    Options
    The boiled lentils might try them. Haven't had them before x
  • Suzette1979mfp
    Suzette1979mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I've been using my app for a bit to see how I like it. I thought I would join a group and get and share food ideas. I just started a high protein little to no carb diet( I hate the word diet) let's say a life style change. I've gotten a few recipes to start but it's hard to keep it interesting especially when my husband and two kids aren't following the same meals as me a lot of the times.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Cubed steak, eggs, chicken, steak, hamburger, seafood.