Water consumption

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm sure I am not alone when I say that I can get sick of drinking 'plain old regular water' pretty quickly each day. To me it's like folding the laundry, I know it has to be done, but I will try my best to put it off! ;)

I'm curious to find out what everyone uses as their "water" consumption. I remember a while back (now I feel old) that Weight Watchers would count decaf tea toward your water count.

I am a big tea drinker and I DO count them toward my water for the day (caffinated and decaf). I don't care for the "Mios" and "crystal Light" flavours to add to water so this makes it a big easier for me.

What do you use to help get your water in each day?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I simply add lemons to get a bit of a flavor. If I'm looking for something more I brew one cup of very strong peppermint tea, pour it into a 60 ounce jug, fill the rest up with water and add a bit of lime juice.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water... I'm addicted.
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I add lemon as well, and will count tea towards my water intake. In the summer I love making unsweetened iced tea and could drink it all day :) I sometimes mix it with sparkling water and it's yummy.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water... I'm addicted.

Me too. To the point that my two year old is copying me and insists on "special water" at every meal.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Add lemom, cucumber. As for Teas, try peppermint, green, robush, etc. Or evey the berries ones.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Fresh lemon or lime juice.
  • MochiCupcake
    MochiCupcake Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have around 20 different herbal teas in my cupboard. My current favourites are matcha, ginger & lemon, nettle & mate, and apply & cinnamon. I do drink a hell of a lot of plain ol' water as well though.
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have an Aquazinger that I put different fruits in to infuse with my water.
  • rawk_fairy_666
    rawk_fairy_666 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    green tea, its good for me and gives me a bit of a boost in the afternoon when i start to feel sluggish.

otherwise i just drink water. I used to hate it but have learned to enjoy it. The colder the better.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Add lemom, cucumber. As for Teas, try peppermint, green, robush, etc. Or evey the berries ones.

haven't tried cucumber yet - that is definitely added to my 'to try' list!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds odd, but I have colorful BPA-free 20 ounce drink containers from Contigo that make water look appetizing :) I think they are called Shake and Go, maybe? Got a three pack at Costco last year for 19.99. Has a straw in the top that you can remove for shaking up drinks. I just drink straight water so no shaking for me. Keeps my water safely on my desk so no worries about spilling. For me, having water always in front of me prompts drinking and if it looks pretty, well I'm all over that too. It's 11 a.m. and I'm almost ready for a refill.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Also have a quick question - when MFP says to drink "at least 8 cups of water a day", do they mean 8 measuring cups? How many ouces is that?
  • stay_co
    stay_co Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sodastream all the way - make that water fizzy and it's like a whole new world. I don't use any of the syrups/add-ons. Just the sparkling water and I'm good to go.
    I also advocate for lemon, lime or cucumber slices added to the water. I used to keep ReaLemon at my work on days when I was 'water bored'.
    The generally accepted standard is eight 8oz glasses, so 64oz a day. If you're working out, I'd advise more. I try to hit 10-12 'glasses' a day.
  • Rampant328
    Rampant328 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Water... that's it. I normally drink two or three cups at a time. I drink almond milk but I don't count it in the WC.
  • catedesimone
    catedesimone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a big water bottle that I make sure to fill up at least three times during the day. I sometimes squeeze lemon into it. I also love sparkling water! It's replaced my soda drinking!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

I thought coffee was dehydrating and that for every 8oz coffee you need to drink 8 oz water to offset it?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Also have a quick question - when MFP says to drink "at least 8 cups of water a day", do they mean 8 measuring cups? How many ouces is that?

It's 64 ozs.

• deevah62
    deevah62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    herbal teas. The variety of flavours keep me hydrating.
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use Aqualert...it's an app that tells you how much your ideal water intake should be according to your weight and activity level. You can enter when you drink water (the serving sizes are adjustable) and see the depiction of the water you've drank so far. It also gives you a percentage of how much you've consumed.

I also have a few girls in my office doing my own made up "water challenge" in which every 90 minutes: 8, 9:30, 11, 12:30, 2 and 3:30 we fill up our water bottles. I drink 144oz in a work day just by doing that!