Hello and help!

Options
I started this today after my first trip to the gym in ages. i need lots of help and motivation....especially at weekends when it's so easy to eat and drink too much!
so hello fellow weight losers!

Replies

• themrsdunning
    themrsdunning Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi and well done for doing this.

Try not to eat after 6pm. Also, if you must eat a cake or something naughty, go for a walk after it, use the exercise bit of the app to calculate what you need to do to get the calories balanced again! That way you can have a little of what you like lol.

All the best x
  • RosieT84
    RosieT84 Posts: 3
    Options
    thanks for the advice
    i do so well until about 7pm, when i get home from work.....just want to sit on the sofa and eat! i need to work on changing my habits i think
    x
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice
    i do so well until about 7pm, when i get home from work.....just want to sit on the sofa and eat! i need to work on changing my habits i think
    x

I find the same time of day difficult. Try doing anything to keep your mind occupied. After a day at work you may be exhausted but anything simple (like laundry or paperwork, etc) to keep your mind off of food will help tremendously. Your body has learned at this point that sitting in front of the tv means that it needs to be eating. A few weeks out of that routine and it won't be a battle anymore.
  • smallkia
    smallkia Posts: 2
    Options
    I know that it hard especially on the weekends but you have to excerise some discipline. Just remember that you are in charge and pray and ask God for the will power to endure. Once you get into a routine it will get easier easch day. I love myfitness pal because it affords me the opportunity to watch my calorie intake. Logging my food makes me aware of just what I am taking into my body on a daily basis. Try some low calorie snacks, eat lots of fruits, and watch your bread. I am encouraging you to continue on your journey because with God all things are possible.
  • anfu
    anfu Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same problem too and it's even harder to ignore the cravings when I'm up for another 6hrs past 7 :(

so for when I really can't resist the urges I would try to eat something healthy like a small bowl of salad or an apple. that way I won't feel too guilty :) or another way that helps me is to drink alot of water so I'll be full and won't think about eating anymore haha