New- Just wanted to say HI!! Would like some buddies

Options
I am 38, and need to loose about 90 lbs, i am signing up for the gym today and am gonna start the steps and tracking i need for me to suceed on my new journey.

I would love to have anyone give me some tips or share what has worked for you, all information and tips are much needed as i am starting today.

Thansk,

Rox

Replies

• christinehay78
    christinehay78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I dont know that I have tips or tricks because I have been struggling myself but support and motivation I can offer if you wanna add me as a friend. :happy:
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is a great site. Really helps and the people are very motivating. I'm so lucky to have found MFP. Good Luck to you. You can add me if you want.
  • GatorLvr13
    GatorLvr13 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Feel free to add me as a buddy..This site is great and works if you stick to it
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Power 90 and P90X has worked well for me....friend request sent !
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hiya and welcome!

feel free to add me (that goes for anyone) i find the more friends u have the more help and motivation u receive x
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and am wanting to lose about 60 total. I have lost 30, so far. I just started doing the C210K program. Feel free to add me. :)
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome!!! This site is a GREAT place for support and motivation!

Friend request sent!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been a big help for me!
  • Kathy11174
    Kathy11174 Posts: 82
    Options
    HI I too am 38 and have another 70 to lose, through this site I have lost almost 30 and feel great. The people on here have been a wonderful inspiration! Though my journey I have learned that you have to eat to lose, I was making the mistake of just barely getting to 1200 and working off 600-800 through Tae-Bo and was maintaining or even gaining and it was frustrating. When I increased my calories to at least 1500, drank 8-10 glasses of water my scale started moving again.

I do my best to comment on all posts but there are times my life gets in the way as does everyone's. The key is to log in and record everything that goes into your mouth no matter what!

I am sending you a friend request and I hope that I can help you with your journey!
    Kathy
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Friend request sent
    Vicky :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hello to you and welcome....you made a wonderful choice signing up here...this is an absolutely wonderful community. I have given up FB because I can't bear to miss anything going on here:-)

The main thing is to work out and log everything! Also, making sure you are eating enough calories. I too fell into the trap of not eating enough and not losing and even gaining. It is sooo frustrating. I went from eating 1330 to 1550 and half my exercise calories at least and start losing again. Sometime when I eat all my exercise calories I see a positive movement as well. It is a learning process, but keep in mind your body is a machine and it needs fuel to run properly.
  • giggles1234
    Options
    Feel free to add me im also after tips and advice and most of all motivation GOOD LUCK x
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    Joined yesterday, but welcome and good luck. Friend request sent!:smile:
  • diana2bramos
    Options
    fairly new myself friend request sent... :happy: