230lbs and 6 foot... sedentary... want to see my abs inside 6 months, for wedding!

Options
I'm 31, 6 foot, Native American, and trying to get to where I can see my abs in about 6 months, before I get married!

Hopefully going for the James Bond look:

daniel-craig-james-bond-workout-300x244.jpg

I'm going to need all the luck in the world. Living in FL during beach season is the most tempting beer and mixed-drink laden hell when you're on a diet!

All the best to everyone else! Keep the struggle going.

Replies

• bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I went from 253lbs to 174lbs inside around 7 months, have to say it was all psychological with me I just thought, ate and slept weight loss and gym, cut all the junk out immediately and got myself out on some long runs, time didn't matter at first but I got my three miles down to 18:22 not bad for a 39 year old.
    Go for it, fill your mind with what motivates you if it's the James Bond look picture yourself like that especially when you're struggling.
  • ericbechtel
    ericbechtel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bladebiker wrote: »
    You can do it, I went from 253lbs to 174lbs inside around 7 months, have to say it was all psychological with me I just thought, ate and slept weight loss and gym, cut all the junk out immediately and got myself out on some long runs, time didn't matter at first but I got my three miles down to 18:22 not bad for a 39 year old.
    Go for it, fill your mind with what motivates you if it's the James Bond look picture yourself like that especially when you're struggling.

Thanks Blade! Long runs sound helpful, especially in the Florida heat. How long did it take you to get to 6 minute miles?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • mszulborska
    mszulborska Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WoW James Bond
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have put a few back on lately but when I was all hard core about this it wasn't to difficult. I counted my calorie intake, started running about 35 miles a week, Nautilus session three days a week and 16 minutes of planks daily. I stated to see abs when I lost the weight and my body fat went below 16%. If you are in Florida I suggest running before the sun comes up. Good Luck!
  • ericbechtel
    ericbechtel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I have put a few back on lately but when I was all hard core about this it wasn't to difficult. I counted my calorie intake, started running about 35 miles a week, Nautilus session three days a week and 16 minutes of planks daily. I stated to see abs when I lost the weight and my body fat went below 16%. If you are in Florida I suggest running before the sun comes up. Good Luck!

Thanks RS! Planks sound like a good idea, and being hard core sounds like the best route. I'm thinking afternoon runs to get used to the heat, so I can run anytime...

Best of luck to you, too!
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That run time took me a bit longer than the weight loss around about a year but I had the knowledge to do it because I was a bit of a racing snake before I put on the weight, basically got out of the military and just ate and ate and ate ha ha, so I had a good grounding to get it back but yes around about a year to eighteen months and it wasn't every time I ran, it was very much dependant on what I'd eaten and how fatigued I was from work, but yes I'd usually hit that on a Sunday morning having had the previous day off. Again very much psychological.