I need help!

Options
Hello !
I am fairly new to this site and really interested in meal prepping and overall making more healthy options. However, I seem to get overwhelmed at the Grocery store with what to get as far as meal prepping. What are some examples of your grocery lists and meal prepping ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Decide what you want to eat for the week. Make a grocery list. If decide to cook meals for lunch for the week, I'm hit or miss, I do it all on Sunday and pre-measure it so I know serving sizes.
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Typically a meal prep for me would be:
    4 salmon filets baked
    4 chicken breast baked
    Steamed broccoli & Brussels sprouts
    6 boiled eggs
    Quinoa
    6 oatmeal measured out
    Raw veggies cut and prepped

I also keep quick cook oats and quest bars on hand in my desk.
  • as9823
    as9823 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I posted this is another thread but I'll put it here as well since you asked. I buy:

3 or 4 lean protein sources (turkey, fish, eye round steak/roast, chicken ect.)

A few complex carb sources (sweet potatoe, brown rice, while wheat pasta, ect.)

And some veggies (whatever I'm feeling)

I do this and on Sunday mix and match the carbs and proteins into meals and prep them. I take the veggies raw and just keep them chilled for snacks. I also keep cashews and almonds on hand for fats that I need as a small snack. This is this past Sunday. It's chicken/pasta, rice/mushrooms, and roast/turkey pattie.

dtmd8l3ymn5v.jpg
  • trltayvia
    trltayvia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Successful meal preppers, do you involve fruit anywhere in these lists?

I'd for sure like to see some more. as9823's image makes it look so easy hahaha.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of meal planning services available online that provide you with a week's worth of menus and the grocery lists to go with them. Some are free, some are not. I've used SavingDinner.com in the past.
  • destinymarie89
    destinymarie89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm new to it , so it all seems overwhelming but I'm ready for the challange! Thanks to all for the great ideas :) I think I will start with prepped snacks and work my way into lunches?