Help

Options
I am 18 years old, a senior in high school, and am wanting to lose 5+ pounds and shape up before I head off to college. Where should I start? I thought about doing the Military Diet to jumpstart my new healthier lifestyle, but should I? I don't want people to think I'm anorexic...

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am 18 years old, a senior in high school, and am wanting to lose 5+ pounds and shape up before I head off to college. Where should I start? I thought about doing the Military Diet to jumpstart my new healthier lifestyle, but should I? I don't want people to think I'm anorexic...

Why don't you just use the tools on this website to create a calorie deficit goal and go from there?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148263/3-day-diets#latest

Per TOS please do not post the same thread on different boards.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

You might want to look at that
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

You might want to look at that
    Please don't read too far into that. My sister was anorexic last year and had to get a bunch of help. Since then, my mom has been UBER sensitive about watching what I eat, when I eat, what I say about myself, etc. I like to think of myself as a fairly confident person. I just want to shape up by eating healthier and working out before I go to college (without my mom freaking out). That's all I meant. :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Do some reading, educate yourself on what you need to do. Most of it is simply move more, eat less. Eat at a healthy calorie deficit. If you only want to lose 5 pounds set MFP to lose .5/week (1 or 2lb is too agressive for a small loss), and track what you can. You may see the loss just by increasing your exercise.
  • RandomChick116
    RandomChick116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Do some reading, educate yourself on what you need to do. Most of it is simply move more, eat less. Eat at a healthy calorie deficit. If you only want to lose 5 pounds set MFP to lose .5/week (1 or 2lb is too agressive for a small loss), and track what you can. You may see the loss just by increasing your exercise.

Thanks so much! :)