How did I let this happen?!

Options
I am 5'2" and I weigh 156lbs. A few years ago I weighed 197 after having 3 kids. I lost down to 130 and I was so happy and looked good and felt even better! Now over the course of the past year it all spiraled out of control! I have a great job, but it's a desk job. So I do not get up and move a lot (unless it's to go to the break room for a snack lol) So now I'm stuck trying to lose this bulge. I will be 30 in 18 days and I so desperately want to fit in some decent clothes!! I have cut out cokes and beer and I have been trying to exercise as much as possible and I have ate lean cuisines and smart ones for lunch everyday...yet I'm gaining!! I need help! :(

Replies

• leohajduk
    leohajduk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This app will help a lot. It is doing great things for me. I'm not perfect by any means but i try to do better each and every day!
  • Rashmi411
    Rashmi411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up.. I lost 80 and gained 50.. I can do this again... Are you stressed out what are your stressors.. Are you procrastinating and say I will eat what I want today and gain tomorrow... My bf makes negative comments. Take baby steps but like me realize weight will come back quickly.. How's the meal planning?
  • bmtin
    bmtin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I have been more stressed than normal, I think I have gotten lazy. And for some reason I just feel exhausted all the time. I have good intentions, yet when it comes time to work out or even just get up and do something I am exhausted and don't have the energy. I really have it in my mind to fix this though...I got on my treadmill this morning when I woke up and I went for a 20 minute walk at lunch. I am going to do this!!! :)
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've too recently put back a few pounds (8-10) but I know it's because I'm not tracking my food and my alcohol consumption. And I had stopped exercising as well! Yikes!

If you are still gaining weight then you are eating too much. It's very difficult to out exercise overeating. I would suggest that you weight and measure absolutely EVERYTHING you eat and drink. And I also suggest not eating back your exercise calories for now.

Good luck!!
  • bmtin
    bmtin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband does not make negative comments but when he acknowledges that I've gained weight it pushes me. Some times I wish he didn't say oh you look good...when I see me! lol we can do this together!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Watch the sodium levels on your Lean Cuisine and Smart Ones foods. High sodium levels in food are counterproductive to weight loss.

Good for you to get on the treadmill this morning when you're fresh and ready for the day. Develop habits you can keep for life. I got lazy for many, many years working a highly sedentary job. Now I make time almost every day to move or exercise. Before, I was always too tired. Now, I put myself first and fitness and good food choices are front and center.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Just acknowledging that you need/want to lose weight is a step in the right direction. You will find alot of great resources and information in these threads. Good luck, you can do this.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Same question I asked when I hit 265 pounds. One step at a time and constant logging on MFP has kept the weight coming off. Now If I gain I can look back at my diary and know exactly why.