Best place to buy running shoes online?

Options
I live in a small rural town that has no options for buying a good pair of running shoes. I discovered RunningWarehouse and bought a pair from there only to realize that no matter how much I try and deny it I need a Wide Width shoe. Unfortunately, their selections for Wide Width are very limited, especially under $100 which I just can't afford. Can anyone recommend a good site to buy Wide Width running shoes that are actually affordable?

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Zappos has a big selection and free shipping (I believe).
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Amazon LOL. I have wide feet (comparative term, I know) and the Sketchers Go Run 2 shoes work very well for me, so when it's time to replace them I just buy via Amazon.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Once I know what I like and what fits well, I'll buy extra pairs in different colors on eBay. I have a lot of luck with that, especially if something is discontinued.
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My sister has wide feet - she went and got fitted for shoes and they suggested trying men's shoes! They are wider than women's shoes, she got the size that fit her and she loves them!
  • tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i buy them at www.sierratradingpost.com. If you sign up for their emails, they send 35-45% coupon codes all the time (at least once or twice a week!). I got my brooks d7 shoes there for $52! They are $109 normally. Try someone on at a local sports store and find out what you like :)
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend getting fitted first time round. I also live in a small town, but I made a special trip into the nearest big town to go to the running shop. Now I've found a brand and style that are perfect for me, I can find them for 60% of the price on Amazon.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I go to my local running store they are always nice and can help with finding the right shoe based on your gait, once you find good ones order an extra pair on amazon. I always have atleast two pair I am actively alternating.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Running shoes are worth the investment of a road trip, because you really need the right fit or you are likely to hurt yourself. If you find a good pair you might want to invest in an extra pair for later, since if you are running regularly you'll probably need to replace in 3-6 months.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone who suggests planning a special trip to get fitted at a store even if it's out of your area. After that, you can order replacements of the same model and style online from wherever's cheapest.

Just a warning that shoe companies have a frustrating habit of discontinuing your favourite shoe, forcing you to get re-fitted on occasion.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Agree with everyone who suggests planning a special trip to get fitted at a store even if it's out of your area. After that, you can order replacements of the same model and style online from wherever's cheapest.

Just a warning that shoe companies have a frustrating habit of discontinuing your favourite shoe, forcing you to get re-fitted on occasion.
    Adding my agreement. I drove to a larger town 2 hours away to get fitted the first time. Now that I know what kind of shoe I need I can buy them online. Frankly, I still prefer to buy them from the same store (Roadrunner Sports) because they offer a 90 day return policy if the shoes don't work out and sometimes they just don't.
  • twothepoint
    twothepoint Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I purchase my running shoes from Road Runner Sports: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/