Mummy To Be...

Options
Hi all :)

Just a little message to introduce myself. :) Im 21 and nearly 6 months pregnant. I know that being pregnant, it isnt a great idea to diet as such, but Im a little worried about gaining too much, and have found that the nutrition counters and meal options are really helping, I didnt realise just how poor my diet was before I downloaded this as an APP for my phone :)

Would love to chat to anyone in the same situation :)

Good luck to everyone :)

Li xx

Replies

• deisherdanielle
    Options
    dieting while pregnant is bad!!!! eat healthy yes but dont worry about weight gain! a strenuous diet change can harm your baby! u should gain 25-35 lbs! please dont risk the health of your child! i ate right and everything and still have a special needs child, you dont want to be responsible for your childs harm. the weight will come off AFTER that baby is born!
  • Kirk_D
    Kirk_D Posts: 85
    Options
    Eating healthy is great, but I would check with your doctor about losing weight while pregnant.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thats what i tried to say... i know dieting is bad, but i dont want to gain excessively! I have gained about 8lb so far and im happy with that :) im just using this to keep track, make sure im getting plenty of everything in my diet :) I would never do anything to risk my baby, I have always wanted to be a mum :)

Thanks for the concern though guys xx
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Eating healthily is fine, and trying not to go crazy and pile on tons of weight (like I did - whoops) when pregnant is ok. Try not to get too obsessed with it though, and dont worry about losing weight until after bubs is born :)

Congrats on your pregnancy btw, and welcome to MFP :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing the right things to me. I've heard that 1 1/2 stone is the minimum you put on during pregnancy for a healthy baby, PLUS the baby's weight. Glad you're not sweating the weight gain but are trying to eat nutritionally better food. I'm doing this now in advance of trying for a baby. Hoping that I'll learn better nutritional habits, and try a wider variety of food and cooking, along side losing weight.
  • MsWhiteParks
    MsWhiteParks Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @kirsty...good luck with the baby... have fun trying thats for sure :P (good exercise too :P)

I have always been worried about weight gain, but since being pregnant, I see it as a time out and if I want that extra chocolate ill take it, as long as the baby is getting what it needs first :)

Dreading giving birth as i know ill be straight back to panicing about getting back down :( But know damn well the baby will be worth it :) xx
  • debbie4health
    Options
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! You're over halfway there!! Exciting times! Like others have said, healthy eating is best......for you and the baby. :) When I was first pregnant, I was just more aware. I used to drink a 6 pack of regular soda a day, and just stopped that completely (my own choice) and lost weight. The dr's office kept asking if I was sick....thankfully never got morning sickness, so was just a natural reaction. Sounds like you are doing great! Again congratulations!