Lovely Substitute for Soda Lovers

Options
I'm one of those people that had a really hard time kicking soda, and I can't stand diet soda for sure.
So a nice substitute is using flavored carbonated water and adding a to-go packet of sugar free kool-aid. I use Great Value or Hawaiian Punch brand. They're only 10 calories for a full packet.

So here are some substitutes for the real thing that taste just as great!

Code Red Mountain Dew:
32 oz. Carbonated Lemon Lime flavored Water
1 Cherry Limeade to-go packet

Grape Soda:
32 oz. Carbonated Black Cherry flavored Water
1 Grape to-go packet

Sunkist Orange Soda:
32 oz. Carbonated Peach flavored Water
1 Orange to-go packet

They're really delicious, still remind you of soda but not even the amount of calories! <3

I hope this helps others!

Replies

• muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! Bumping this!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I have a hard time kicking the habit myself. I just started the Crystal Light packets, and those are helping. These should be an even better substitute!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Thanks! I love soda (pop); especially mountain dew and it's been hard on me cutting back and eliminating it from my diet.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome! Can't wait to try them all!
  • scarecrowgrrl
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! My husband is a Dew ADDICT! It's so hard to avoid temptation when he's got the fridge full! So I'm really happy with these little concoctions! They seem to be helping =]
  • LissaBaby14
    LissaBaby14 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump!
  • justcallmejennifer
    justcallmejennifer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ill have to give this a try. thanks
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Oh I love it!

My fave cocktail is a Malibu and diet, and I've been mixing coconut water into my coke zero to simulate the taste for way less calories! Cheers :drinker:
  • cmo1987
    cmo1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • Lessofbeth
    Lessofbeth Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool!
  • scarecrowgrrl
    Options
    Oh I love it!

My fave cocktail is a Malibu and diet, and I've been mixing coconut water into my coke zero to simulate the taste for way less calories! Cheers :drinker:

Sounds absolutely yum! Totally going to have to try this!
  • acarr4u
    acarr4u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Those sound great! Thanks! BUmp
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering how these are different than any diet soda already out there? Is there less artificial sweetener in the kool-aid packets?
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have a question then. Do all sparkling waters taste the same? I have Lacroix brand and it has a bitter flavor that I can't seem to mask.
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I drink La Croix lemon flavored sparkling water. I get the "tingle" of the carbonation but no calories!

http://www.lacroixwater.com/
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Interesting ... but since I don't do processed foods this would not be an option for me. I love La Croix myself as well all other Vichy!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've gotta try this!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I had to share this. I purchased from Sam's Club a drink called "Talking Rain Sparkling Ice"...Naturally Flavored Sparkling Spring Water. Its sold by case of 24 17 oz. bottles, with 3 different flavors: Lemon Lime, Black Raspberry, & Orange Mango. They have zero calories, zero sugar, however, what it does contain are vitamins & antioxidents! Taste wonderful, great way to up your water intake!!
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I finally got my husband switched off regular soda to diet. These sound yummy. I also have fallen in love with Arizona's Zero Arnold Palmer - half lemonade and half tea. These come in a HUGE can that i can get about 4 servings out of for ZERO calories!
  • ahsweetstuff
    ahsweetstuff Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!