Anyone Using a Misfit Activity Tracker?

Options
Hi,
I am using a Misfit Flash and syncing it with MFP. It all seemed to working fine until Misfit updated their App, I have been having some problems with it. In the morning it's already said I have burned 480 calories...but I haven't done any exercise yet-did I burn them in my sleep? Anyone else noticing things are weird with their Misfit lately?
Thanks

Replies

• pylonic
    pylonic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think I just found the answer to my own question-apparently we burn a lot of calories sleeping! Those 480 calories are what I have burned sleeping that night. Wow, I am surprised.
  • 3ssicajay
    3ssicajay Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine and ended up unsyncing it from MFP. I felt like it was giving me too much credit for calorie burn. So now I just log what exercise I know I've done (or let MapMyRun do it via syncing with MFP) and use my Misfit just to keep a check on my overall activity level for the day and sleep tracking.
  • pylonic
    pylonic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I think it is giving me way too much credit for calories burned. When I complete my journal for the day it will say you should way whatever pounds in 5 weeks if you did every day like this...the scale isn't really budging these days-so I think I am going to synchronize it and just log things. Thanks for your input. :-)
  • Kaylinerst3663
    Kaylinerst3663 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have one! I have a Misfit Flash. While I have it synced to MFP, it has never adjusted my calories... I(I/m sedatary on MFP and have hit 10k steps the last 3 days in a row on my Misfit. I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
  • jellisgellis
    jellisgellis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. When I try to link to Misfit from MFP, it just takes me to the main page on Misfit. I see nothing from my Misfit on MFP, although I do see my calories from MFP on Misfit. Wishing I hadn't lost my FitBit, because linking that was so easy...
  • ella_vader
    ella_vader Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. I just got mine today. I clicked on the MFP link to Misfit through the app, and it just opens up the iTunes store and tells me to download it. I already have the app installed though. On the Misfit site, it says to go to "Apps" in the Misfit menu. I cannot locate a menu though. I've seen screenshots of the old version and it's there, but not in the version I have.

I too wish I hadn't lost my FitBit. I'd read such good things about the Misfit, and now I"m regretting my purchase.
  • ella_vader
    ella_vader Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Updating to say I figured out where the Apps are. Usually a 'menu' is accessible from the main page. I had to go to the "Me" icon/page, then the little settings icon in the upper righthand corner, and then the Apps area in order to add MFP. It's 145AM so I doubt I'll have much info to sync for awhile!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It's a known bug/issue that's being worked on by MFP & Misfit teams. It is incredibly annoying.