Water consumption

Options
2»

Replies

• sbtnicky
    sbtnicky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me it's been entirely about finding a bottle I like in a size that I'll actually use. It's odd, but I've found that the aesthetic aspect influences how much I drink more than anything else. If a water bottle is too unwieldy or lacks a sport top I'm far less likely to drink from it than if it's a comfortable size with a sport cap. Why the sport cap I will never know, but it works so I don't question it.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Also have a quick question - when MFP says to drink "at least 8 cups of water a day", do they mean 8 measuring cups? How many ouces is that?

It's 64 ozs.

Or even better take your weight, divide in half and that's how many ounces you should drink.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    dewsmom78 wrote: »
    Also have a quick question - when MFP says to drink "at least 8 cups of water a day", do they mean 8 measuring cups? How many ouces is that?

It's 64 ozs.

Or even better take your weight, divide in half and that's how many ounces you should drink.

in lbs?

Sounds like I need to go shopping for some new water bottles, someone explain that to my husband please :)
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work 8 to 4:30 Monday through Friday. When I walk in to the office in the morning I fill up my 12 oz mason jar with water and drink it right away. Then I fill up another 12 oz to take back to my desk. I repeat that every two hours. I quickly drink the 12 oz at 8, 10, 12, 2 and 4 (60 ounces) and then have another 4 glasses throughout the day. I get 108 z of water every workday by following that routine. I started doing that 3 months ago and now I crave it and feel dehydrated if I falter from that routine. Make it a habit and something that you can stick with and it can work.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    fit_mama30 wrote: »
    I add lemon as well, and will count tea towards my water intake. In the summer I love making unsweetened iced tea and could drink it all day :) I sometimes mix it with sparkling water and it's yummy.

Can't believe I never thought of that! Yum
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try seltzer water (fiz) or adding lemon or orange to your regular water.
  • RaeB1013
    RaeB1013 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    dewsmom78 wrote: »

It's 64 ozs.

Thumbs up. I've been using this as a rule of thumb for years.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Actually, the only thing you need to do is monitor the color of your urine. Maybe someone will come along with the chart, but if it's pale to clear, you're getting enough fluid. And that's what your body needs - fluid. It doesn't have to be plain water, you get fluid from everything you eat and drink. The "8 glasses a day" is a myth.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-dont-need-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like lime juice in my water, but infusing with berries, melon or grapefruit is also tasty.