Still Tearing Up....

Options
So I ran my first half marathon on Sunday. This is an accomplishment that a year ago at this time I would have NEVER believed possible. I was about 30 pounds over weight (on a good day) eating very poorly, and tightly sqeezing into size 12s.
Today, I am a different person. Still a wife, a mother, a teacher...but I am a runner! ME!
The reason for my post is that I still can't get over the emotion of it. Today, on my way to work, I heard a song that I heard when I was running Sunday and I cried again. I am emotional thinking about every mile. But what gets me the most is my two year old. He looks at me and says "Mommy run the race" "Mommy so fast, so strong". I have created a positive role model for my children.....I hope that someday they will follow in my footsteps (or besides my footsteps) and run with me.

Nothing is impossible, you have to have the determination and will power to accomplish your goals. I am so fortunate to have all of you by my side to help me reach this milestone in my life.

THANK YOU!

Replies

• Lucky79z28
    Lucky79z28 Posts: 31
    Options
    That is just what I needed to hear right now! I have been going back and forth thinking it will never happen! GREAT job and Thank you!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey runner :)

Keep being that healthy example, that's so awesome :)

"If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin"
    ~Matt
  • dd_salas
    dd_salas Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions!!!!!!!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!!!! Congrats on your race lady!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!!!!
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    WTG! I am training for a 10-mile run currently and there are some days I think I'm just going to quit and sell my registration to a random person lol

This was definitely encouraging to me!! Thank you for sharing and you should be VERY proud of yourself!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Congratulations on your run!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be proud. Way to go!!
  • terrabrookman
    Options
    I am so very happy for you. BELIEVE me when I say that I completely understand your emotions. I have only started my journey and it all began with training for a 5k. I would have NEVER have thought that I would EVER do something like that.

Congrats on your accomplishment! You should be so proud fo yourself. Way to go!!!!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ~Matt

:laugh: :laugh:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ~Matt

That is AWESOME!!!!!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am so proud of you! You are a wonderful role model for your children and others. Just look at what you have done!

This is just what I needed to see this morning! Thanks for inspiring me!
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! your story brought tears to my eyes!! I am so proud of you and I know you are proud of yourself! I too am a mother and I love the positive influence that changing my lifestyle has on my children! My 7yo has gone out to run with me :) I let him do about a half mile then drop him back at home and I keep going, but he loves it. And both my boys love making healthy choices and knowing about what foods they are putting in their mouths! Congrats again on your half! I hope to run one someday :)
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job working toward a goal and then achieving it.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I am a wife, mother, teacher, too and have just started running again. I recently decided to try to run the 2.6 mile course at a local lake and found that it was super EASY and I could probably run it twice! I love being in shape and being able to keep up with my kids (2 boys...2yo and 4yo) and my active hubby. Sounds like you have a good thing going :flowerforyou:
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Thanks guys! Isn't this site amazing? I feel like a corn ball but it has changed my life. Oh and the Garmin Quote HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I definitely hope to make my children feel the same!
  • djamador
    djamador Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That made me tear up just reading it. Such an inspiration to all of us to hang in there!
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a great role model you are for your kiddos! I just thought about trying to run a race (not sure where it fits in the categories of races) next year. :)
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This made me tear up! Congrats girl!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!! Congrats! You deserve every inch of pride and emotion you feel :o)

My children's future is my number one motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!