My results so far!

Options
Hi all!

I started my weight loss journey on April 1st 2011 and at the time, I was weighing 319lbs.

Today I weighed myself again and I am now 300lbs! To get to this stage, I have:
- Stuck to a 1500 calorie daily limit
- Taken up walking every day (not done it for a couple of days tho)
- Stopped drinking sugary drinks. I have orange juice in the morning, then water all day.
- Taking Akai Berry tablets and multi vitamins

My goals are:
My 1st goal - Hit 20st by end of June (Based on my current loss, I should hit 20st 4lbs)
My 2nd goal - Hit 18st by end of August (I go on holiday in September, so want to lose as much as possible before then)
My 3rd goal - see how I get on, but maybe end up hitting 16st by end October (My reward is to go to a theme park and go on ANY ride).

Yesterday I bumped into a work colleague who I hadnt seen in a while and he said "Have you lost weight? You look great!". What a pick me up!
My belts are on the tightest hole and my trousers are falling down all the time - need more jeans!
I can see the changes on every part of me - stomach, man boobs, bum, hips - the lot!

This is how much I have lost!
19lb_loss.jpg

So good going so far - will track my progress here :)

Replies

• WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Good for you,
    That picture sure made me smile. Just imagine you used to carry that much extra around every day, I assume the weight you lost is the fish, not the young lady holding it:). Stick with the walking, a good way to get that heart rate up. Congratz on the water also.
  • WildWayz
    WildWayz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep - the cod not the girl :P

And thanks for the comment :)
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Its great to look at how much you have lost in other terms, makes it seem more real!

I think based on how you are progressing so far that you will definitely reach your 18st goal by September :)

And its great as well that other people are noticing your weight loss! Thats one of the first goals of mine, when someone else notices it you know its definitely happening!

Keep up the good work :)
  • propjetprop
    propjetprop Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WOW.. very cool.. you and I are so on the same level.. I started at 314 lbs April 23 2011.. I just weighed in yesterday at 300....

Keep up the good work

and I love the fish analogy!
  • WildWayz
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I know I have been a bit bad in weighing myself every few days instead of once a week, so after today, I am stopping and just weighing myself weekly!

However, today I am now 298lbs - 21lbs lost!

Looks like I AM on track to hit my 20st goal by end of July! I am currently 21st 4lbs. So I have 5 weeks to lose 18lbs. That is 3.6lbs a week. With excercise and healthy eating, I should hit this goal - or at least be VERY close to it.
    If I hit it, then excellent - will have 10 weeks before I go on holiday to lose 2 more stone (28lbs) - then I will be at my goal weight! :)
  • WildWayz
    Options
    I feel pretty bummed out. I was losing 3-4lbs a week for 6 weeks. I have now just gone through week 7 and lost no weight at all.
    I have been sticking to my 1500 calorie limit and walked 20 miles in a week - before that, I was walking 11 miles a week.
    I shouldnt have hit this 'wall' yet - I am 298lbs!
  • WildWayz
    Options
    I have lost 4lbs in the last week - simply by going back to 2000 calories a day instead of 1500!
    I also have paid for 6 sessions with a nutritionist starting this Saturday - so that will be good! :D

I now have 14lbs to go until I hit my 1st goal...

Here is what I looked like at 298lbs (last Thursday)
    james_298lbs.jpg

And this is me at 319lbs+
    james_319lbs.jpg

I also have a blog going:
    http://weightloss.moose-shack.com/blog5.php

Finger's crossed!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. You're off to a fantastic start. Best wishes for reaching your goals. That theme park trip sounds like such a fun reward.
  • WildWayz
    Options
    Well, I went to see a nutritionist at the weekend. I bought 6 sessions for £19 off of a discount website, so I was looking forward to it. I printed out all my data from My Fitness Pal and took it in with me. My nutritionist was called Julie and I was very disappointed.

It wasn't a session with a nutritionist; it was a an appointment with a diet advisor.

She weighed me and I was 299lbs - my scales say I am 293lbs! OK, so my scales aren't great - they are digital ones that also do your BMI, water and muscle guff... but they aren't usually THAT much out. She then measured me and said my waist is 54" - that is RUBBISH as my jeans are for 48" waist and they are falling down! My wife measured me today and I am 46". Weird! Anyway, this diet person was trying to get me to go on the DietCare diet which is basically a stupid diet that doesnt teach you how to maintain weightloss through healthy eating, instead it is a crash course diet! What do I mean about this? Well, it is designed for you to lose weight fast and it is done by starting the day with a slice of lemon in boiling water, then drink it when it has cooled down. Then eat something for breakfast (basic stuff like egg or yoghart etc)... then this is the ball ache; you have to eat a finger nail piece of pepper every THIRTEEN MINUTES until you go to bed. Yes, you have mid morning and afternoon snacks, and lunch and dinner and even supper... but these things are very plain... like a protein plus 2 portions of veg - no sauce, just bald.

Yuck. I spoke to a lady yesterday who has been on it and she said she has lost loads of weight since doing the diet, but if she eats normally again she puts it right back on. Sorry, but that isnt a lifestyle change!

Anyway, I texted her today to thank her for her time but to cancel the appointments. She hasn't replied back to me.

So...

Yesterday we bought some EKS Doctors Scales - fed up of our digital scales giving inaccurate readings. Both my wife and I weigh ourselves and the reading can be from a pound or two out to 6-8lbs out! These mechanical scales are ace - every time the reading is the same - just what we wanted!

I weighed myself this morning and I am bang on 21st (294lbs) - which means I have lost zippo in the last week even though last week I walked 21.4mi and this week I have walked 18.19mi so far. I am burning off more than I am taking in - usual deficit is around 600 cals+ simply because I am not hungry.

I am not going to hit my first goal by the end of the month. Bummed out.
  • WildWayz
    Options
    Just an update. Back down to 293lbs - but no weight loss. However, not down beat about it because I am SERIOUSLY ramping up the exercise!

This weekend, Julia and I decided to drive out to Howarth to do the Bronte walk. It was meant to be an 8.1 mile walk through Howarth village center then up onto the moors going through Bronte Falls and up to Top Withens.

What it really was, was a grueling hike!

How come? Well, the map I was following wasn't too clear, so instead of us sticking to a nice path, we went off track and ended up having to hike to Top Withens! When I say hike, I mean up and down steep hills and following tiny, barely noticable paths! We even had to jump across some streams and walk up rubbly cliff faces!

By the time we got back, we had walked 8.84 miles! Not bad for newbies!

Yesterday, we did just 2 x 2.4 mile walks - so just under 5 miles.

This morning we woke up at 5:30am and looked out the window; it was a beautiful morning so Julia and I decided to start the Couch to 5K (C25K) program! So we took the dog and walked up our hill to the football field up the top - that was our 5min warm up walk!

Next up was a 60 second run followed by 90 second walk - but repeat this 9 times. After the last run, it is a 5 minute cool down, but we just walked on and finished our walk. In the end, the total distance was 2.47 miles and our run pace was 12min mile - which isn't bad to start with. It can only get better!

And so far this month, we have walked/hiked 66.45 miles!

Not bad for a guy who didn't do ANY walking 2 months ago and weighs 293lbs!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a great weekend. Way to go with getting out there and moving. And it's great that you have a partner to encourage your efforts. Best of luck on the C25K efforts; you'll definitely see an improvement in your fitness level and endurance as you progress.
  • WildWayz
    Options
    WOW - lost some more weight now - I weigh 20st 7lbs now which is 287lbs!
    32lbs lost so far! I think this running has kick started the weight loss again!

Tomorrow I am working to walk and back, so about 10miles in total - then whatever else we are going to do will mean we'll ALMOST be hitting 100mi walked in June challenge! BRILLIANT

2 weeks ago, I punctured 3 new holes in my belt. Guess what? This morning I am on the last hole of the new ones and the jeans are just right... gotta puncture some more holes!!!

James
  • WildWayz
    Options
    Weighed myself yesterday and today and another 2lbs lost bringing my weight to 20st 5lbs / 285lbs!
    Excellent!
    90.25mi walked so far in June - should hit the target in the next 2 days :D