Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm older than most and heavier too. I need help.

BeeauutifulMe
BeeauutifulMe Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. I am here at MFP because I need accountability and understanding. I can beat myself up to the point of sabotage. Being single and alone it is very easy to cave in at those difficult times. I want to be an encouragement to others and also to be encouraged. Is that selfish? I say NO! it is a healthy way to live, supporting one another. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Absolutely! Having someone to support, motivate, inspire, and sometimes give that kick in the pants you may need makes the journey easier.
  • Lindacastellano58
    Lindacastellano58 Posts: 16 Member
    I beat myself up quite a bit! But having people encouraging you is a big plus!!
  • GaylaWynn
    GaylaWynn Posts: 8 Member
    I want to lose about 100 lbs., so I empathize with you. But no matter what, you've got to feel good about yourself!
  • jamiehunt7025
    jamiehunt7025 Posts: 6 Member
    Absolutely! Having someone to support, motivate, inspire, and sometimes give that kick in the pants you may need makes the journey easier.

• triumphwithme247
    triumphwithme247 Posts: 5 Member
    I do not think you're being selfish at all. It's extremely easy to support and motivate other's however it's hard to find good people to help motivate the motivator. Wanting to be part of both is not selfish, it's being serious about something you want to do.

Everyone wants someone cheering for them whether they are willing to admit it or not is another story.

In response to your title "I'm older than most and heavier too" - age is but a number, yes, it may be harder to do things at a different pace but it can still be done with the effort is put in. I'm not "old" but i'm not getting any younger either. Just do the best that you can and you will be dancing all across the dance floor with your grandson sooner than you know.

I support you! :o)