after taking a break

Options
I lost 30 lbs, then, as I have several times before, lost motivation and reverted to old eating patterns. I am just lucky that I seem to be at a new setpoint and I didn't regain, but I still feel down that I haven't stayed the course (my goal is to lose 80 lbs total).

One of my resolutions is to stop eating restaurant food ALL the time. Once in a while is fine and there are good options out there but I don't always make the right choices.

Other than that, my big issue is night-time eating. All willpower goes out the window. I am thinking that maybe I should just budget calories for an evening snack and not let it ruin my whole day.

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have some good ideas about how to address eating out and night-time eating. Let me ask you, what are your main reasons to make these changes?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I always budget calories for night. I can happily skip breakfast and eat 1/3 of my calories after dinner. Why fight your natural urges?

Plus, since I started doing that, I eat fewer calories at night. I used to go "well I'm going to be over anyway" and eat like garbage.
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nights are tough. What I do is make sure I am eating enough throughout the day so I am not starving at night. If you get hungry after dinner, try snacking on some nuts or have a piece of fruit.
  • Brentm77
    Brentm77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you have not done so, I would look into intermittent fasting. It can be a good option for allowing you to eat more at night and keep your calories in control. Night is my favorite time to eat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do you pre-log your days?
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I actually do practice intermittent fasting. My problem is that at night I succomb to junky eating, not focusing on getting nutrition. I have some emotional eating issues.