Breakfast ideas

Options
I am in a rut with breakfast. I eat cereal with fruit or eggs and toast.

I realize I am not good with ideas for breakfast weekdays.. It must be easy and quick.

With all the people here - there must be some great suggestions!

Please let me know what you have for breakfast. :)

Replies

• nadenchris
    nadenchris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cook oatmeal in a crockpot the night before, Raisins, cinnamon nuts whatever you want to supplement it with.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal in rolled oats in the fridge over night, for sure.
    Or save something from dinner last night -- a piece of chicken/pork/beef.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Eggs, toast, sausage and hashbrown all ready in 15 mins or less. With no hashbrown probably no more than 7 mins. I also have bagel thins with cream cheese. Usually have a piece of sausage with that too. Sorry not a lot of help.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese with fruit or tomato or avocado
    Smoothie - I like mine with greens (spinach, kale or chard), fruit, protein powder (unsweetened) and coffee or almond milk
    oatmeal or grits with a soft boiled or poached egg on top
  • Reg4502
    Reg4502 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple days a week a half of a whole wheat bagel with a little peanut butter.
  • mbauer013
    mbauer013 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I never have time for breakfast so I just do a protein shake in a blender 1.5 scoops muscle milk, a half of a frozen banana, and skim milk, tides me over to lunch and has 355 calories and 24 grams protein.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I eat toast with either avocado or hummus spread on it, topped with lightly sautéed tomatoes, spinach, and a fried egg nearly every day (I just can't seem to get sick of it!).

Sometimes I'll make a batch of quinoa ahead of time and throw that in a skillet with chopped veggies and eat it with an egg on top. I've also taken to making a "breakfast" grilled cheese on the morning where I can spare a few more calories. For that I make a grilled cheese with spinach and a fried egg in the middle, it is the best!
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of doing individual servings of "scrambled" eggs in muffin tins.

Yes, there is an entire Pinterest section dedicated to this, but let me tell you, when I'm running out of the house to work and have five minutes left, I can pop one in the microwave and smush the dang thing into a wrap and shove it into my head along with my protein powder+milk, and I'm not hungry for hours.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually enjoy the same thing over and over for breakfasts during the week. whole wheat english muffin, egg, all natural ham slice, and extra thin slice swiss cheese. about 300 cals. I use a breakfast sandwhich maker. hamilton beach brand I think. 3 mins and it's done.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal - either prepare it in advance or the single serve microwave pouches are about as easy as it gets. I keep a bag of granola to add to it for flavor.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/paleo-omelet-muffins/

Here's an example. I play fast and loose with the ingredients based on my tastes and what I have on hand. This week I'm doing soyrizo and red bell peppers with spinach with my eggs, and they come out to about 60 calories a piece. I just make sure to add any variations to my Recipe box to get more accurate calorie counts. Last week's chicken sausage egg muffins were around 90 cals.
  • wmeyerbill455
    wmeyerbill455 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My favorite quick breakfast is a Silken tofu and Fruit, almond butter, organic fig with a shot of Flax seed oil and Oat Milk smoothie. If you are like me and lactose intolerant then oat milk, almond milk. Rice milk or soy milk is the way to go. If you want to kick it up a notch mix in some So delicious cultured coconut yogurt (vanilla). If you can do milk products then use plain Greek or honey Greek Yogurt and Milk. You decide on the fat percentage. Mix with Stick blender and drink. All the protein and anti-oxidants you need plus a bunch of calcium and vitamin C and other goodies. My basic recipie is as follows:

1/2 cake silken tofu
    1 cup blueberries
    1 tbs almond butter
    2 organic mission figs chopped
    2 teaspoons flax seed oil
    Oat milk to cover , but leave enough room for stick blender so it doesn't fly everywhere when you turn it on.

Blend and Viola!

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I have a diet mtn dew and a xyience cherry lime.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I always make a fritata or quiche on Sundays to have for the rest of the week. For example this past Sunday I made a fritata with kale, mushrooms, onions & tomatoes.
    I saute up the vegetables with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt/pepper, italian seasoning, then place them in a large glass baking dish (sprayed with nonstick spray). I then mix together (for the size dish I made) 2 cups liquid egg whites, 4 whole eggs and 1 cup skim milk, salt/pepper. Then I pour it over the veggies and place it in a 350 degree oven for 30 min (or until completely set). Then I portion it out so during the week I can grab a slice and pop it in the microwave.

I also make individual mini ones too by doing the same thing but instead of making one big pan I make them in muffin tins.
  • HadassahsMomma
    HadassahsMomma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Microwave eggs are nasty....but if you add in black beans, avocado and salsa they are awesome!
    Also a meal replacement type powder mixed in with skim or almond milk and coffee ice cubes is delish. (just pour coffee into ice tray and freeze)
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Apples dipped in Greek yogurt. Add some granola!
  • coraborealis80
    coraborealis80 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, 2 tbsp coconut milk, 1/2 cup spinach, sprinkle of pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup jimmy dean sausage crumbles is my fave right now. I'll use any poultry sausage (I make extra when I cook chicken feta sausages for dinner just to use in my breakfast scramble), but they're easy. Takes about 4 min.

I'm also big on fresh fruit. Papaya with a bit of himalayan salt, or pineapple with a bit of lime juice and cayenne. I'll eat that with hard boiled eggs. If I have time, I swap boiled eggs for poached eggs because mmmm.

Thomas Bagel Thins and Wasa Hearty Crisps go nice when I want something heavier. Lox, cream cheese, or this organic apricot spread I like go with them well. I save them for special occasions though, because my brother the scary nutritionist and strength & conditioning coach says something like carbs in the morning spike glucose.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats (you can prepare them the night before), Yogurt with honey and some nuts and fruit, omelette with veggies. Smoothie with almond milk and banana and peanut butter?
  • dawnkemp58
    dawnkemp58 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow - there are so many ideas!
    I will try to do a lot of theses... need to get out of this rut!