The Moment of Truth!

Options
Today was the final weigh in for the Biggest Loser competition at my work. I was discouraged last week from dropping to 3rd after 2 guys were starvation-dieting to get to first... that I resolved this week would be my best week, and I gave it everything I had! Ate the best I've ever eating, no cheats, and went to the gym and did my Zumba faithfully! Happy to report that my efforts paid off, as I lost 6.4 lbs this week, for a total of 32.2 lbs total! :happy:

Winners for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced tomorrow, and I can't wait to see where I end up!

Hard for me to believe that I've lost the size of my 2 year old in the past 2 & 1/2 months! But I am so happy I did. When I started this competition, it was basically for the $570 1st place prize, but as I went along, and especially since finding MFP, I have learned that it's not about a 'diet' it's about making better decisions and lifestyle changes. I intend to keep this up, and instead of saying "It would be nice to be thin" and thinking it's unrealistic, I'm going to work at it until I get there and I'm saying "It IS nice to be thin and in shape!"

Thank you all for your support, it truley helps. Feel free to add me if you are reading this.

I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me!

Replies

• Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go :)
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! way to go! and tell those starving dieters that they are insuring themselves that they will gain weight by starving themselves!
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hope you be the 1st .
    Well done to lose all that weight.
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! I hope you win the first place prize.
    Also, thrilled to see Philippians 4:13 as your verse. Praise God!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I hope you beat the guys that were starving themselves!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Even if you don't come in first this week, you've worked incredibly hard and it is paying off! Good on you for not doing the starvation thing. That may work in the short run, but it's gonna come back and bite them in one way or another (probably more than one way) in the end.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it sounds like you already won no matter what the outcome!
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well done, and remember it doesn't matter where you finish, as long as you finish strong and you did. You did it the right way. The men who starved themselves will gain it all back in a couple weeks and you'll still be a hotty who was able to lose 30+ pounds the right way. So, hold your head high knowing you did it right. Congrats!
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be incredibly proud of yourself!