New to My Fitness Pal

Options
I started today. I'm so disgusted with myself and can't seem to "get it together." I have lost weight with Weight Watchers and I think the trick for me was tracking everything I put in my mouth. Now I'm looking for recipes on this website....any help?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Read! There are a lot of super helpful posts out there, and there is a lot of information. Make sure you read and read and read. Informing yourself is one of your best weapons. Other than that, a lot of it is eat less, move more. Buy a kitchen scale, get in the habit of weighing things, take measurements of your body to watch your progress in not just the scale. Join the communities for support, and if you're goal oriented find a challenge to join. The most important thing I have to remember - You're human, and prone to have a misstep, especially in the beginning. Don't give up.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new too. Here's my ticker test!

52750196.png
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are good number of recipes in the Recipes section. A favorite website of mine for great recipes/inspiration for cooking is skinnytaste.com really- go there. some great stuff. easy to modify. all have been pretty darn good that i've tried. only thing is I usually end up adding more seasoning/spices than what she calls for. otherwise.. really easy stuff usually as well!
  • Jimsterintexas
    Jimsterintexas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Jackie, I agree with your comment about having to track everything. For instance, I tried dieting on my own, but the best I could do was lose 10 pounds. Then I got on Nutrisystem and was able to drop another 16 pounds. Many of us need a plan or system to determine what to eat and portion sizes. I look at what Jennifer Hudson was able to accomplish on Weight Watchers (WW), and not only her ability to get the weight off, but keep it off is amazing. Maybe WW is the trick that works for you.