Does your SO know how much you weight?

Options

Replies

• IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Nope, we discuss our desires to lose weight, but we don't talk numbers.... he bounces around 10lbs here and there... He may get curious as I start melting away...... =)

He thinks I weigh much less than I actually do, and that's fine haha
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    My wife and I joined the Gym & MFP together... Which is a MASSIVE help as we always fill the fridge with healthy (or at least low fat) options & are concious about what we cook now (we share the cooking).

We share our weight openly - no choice as its publicly displayed on MFP anyway :)
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    I think that most men expect ALL women to weigh 115 lbs..not because they are trying to be a**holes..but because that is just how much they think we are supposed to weigh. Im 5'7 and I told my hubbz I would not look good at 115. Every woman is different.
  • daffysbird
    daffysbird Posts: 42
    Options
    I told my SO how much I weighed - he had an idea from when I go to all my medical appointments, but he was brilliant. I was devastated that I had let myself get to the weight I was but he was amazing and so supportive. He remembers every saturday when I weigh in - and is there with a supportive hug if i am disappointed or a big high five if i am happy. He cooks a lot of meals for me and is so good as he always ask's me how much of a certain thing I am allowed to eat and weigh's it all for me. I guess I really struck gold with him and he got lucky with me as well, he gets to marry me, lol!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I also faced reality, I will never weight what he does. I'm a big girl, I'm very muscular, I was born with big thighs and my husband has the skinniest legs ever. He's about 185, 6 feet tall never had a weight problem. I know at 220, I'll be good maybe a 12, then my ultimate goal is 185, should be around an 8.
    So no I will never be less than he is.
    Feels good not hiding anymore. Will celebrate the numbers with him from now on.
  • Kristy0728
    Kristy0728 Posts: 63
    Options
    Yes. We use our Wii, and "weigh in" in FRONT of each other every Saturday Morning. We both have (in hubbys case - had) weight problems and this is how we keep eachother on track. :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    GREAT for you!!!

My husband did not know for the first 8 years we were together. Even when I was pregnant and he went to the doctor with me, he was banished from the room any time my weight was in discussion. So I came clean a couple months ago, and he was really awesome and supportive about it. Sometime in the next month I'll weigh less then him!!!
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing and good for you!

I've never had a problem telling people how much I weighed, even when I was heavier. People would assume I weighed less than I really did even though I was 200. But since I officially started losing weight last August, my boyfriend has known every pound every step of the way and has been nothing but supportive.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mine found out accidentally. Got a new scale, and after I set it up, he pushed my user button. It told him. :(
    But of course he probably could have guessed on his own anyways.
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yep my husband knows how much I weigh like myself he is also a large person...have never hid it from him.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I told my SO how much I weighed - he had an idea from when I go to all my medical appointments, but he was brilliant. I was devastated that I had let myself get to the weight I was but he was amazing and so supportive. He remembers every saturday when I weigh in - and is there with a supportive hug if i am disappointed or a big high five if i am happy. He cooks a lot of meals for me and is so good as he always ask's me how much of a certain thing I am allowed to eat and weigh's it all for me. I guess I really struck gold with him and he got lucky with me as well, he gets to marry me, lol!

yep! He sounds like a keeper. Very sweet, thanks for sharing :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    If we are discussing weight I will tell anyone.

DH has always known.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nope, we discuss our desires to lose weight, but we don't talk numbers.... he bounces around 10lbs here and there... He may get curious as I start melting away...... =)

He thinks I weigh much less than I actually do, and that's fine haha

This is my exact situation too. We have a "don't ask don't tell" policy. LOL
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I never told him, mainly because I know I weigh more than him. I have always believed the woman should weigh less then the man...not sure how I got those thoughts in my head but they are always there. Maybe when I lose some more weight I may feel ok to tell him. I know he wouldnt care and love me the same...im just not ready to tell him, i guess

I admire your honesty with him
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Of course. We're both trying to lose weight together, and we're best friends. I'm not going to hide it from him, when we talk about it all the time. We're often taking turns on the scale first thing in the morning before showering.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I think once you go through the process of giving birth with a person, there really aren't any more secrets about the female body. (and my husband and I have gone through it twice.)
    Yes, my husband knows exactly how much I weigh. He did when I was 250lbs as well. He doesn't care. He is happy for me now though because I am happier with myself.

If your SO can physically see you and they are happy with you, I don't understand why the number would matter.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    So funny you posted this! I told my hubby yesterday how much I weigh for the first time in 4 years! And of course, it was no big deal. lol He said, "you don't look like you weigh that much." Men lol
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I think that most men expect ALL women to weigh 115 lbs..not because they are trying to be a**holes..but because that is just how much they think we are supposed to weigh. Im 5'7 and I told my hubbz I would not look good at 115. Every woman is different.

I couldn't imagine!
    I am 5'7+ and couldn't imagine being 115.....a little thin no matter what your frame

But regarding the topic I would tell anyone (if they asked) how much I weigh..I don't care....just a number...
    I also get the...wow...u weight THAT much...never sure how to take that...but I guess as a compliment?
    LOL
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Of course, she's got to support my weight the third Saturday of every month.
  • dcg8r
    dcg8r Posts: 38
    Options
    So funny you posted this! I told my hubby yesterday how much I weigh for the first time in 4 years! And of course, it was no big deal. lol He said, "you don't look like you weigh that much." Men lol

Pretty much the same thing happened a few days ago with my husband. We didn't have a scale, and didn't ever weigh ourselves (except at the Dr office and he was never with me) it never came up in conversation - I wasn't "hiding" it from him, it just didn't come up. So then he saw me on the Wii for the first time in 2 yrs doing the fit test - big numbers! His face: :O then said "you dont look like you weigh 161." I'm pretty sure 161 looks different on everyone. I think the big shock to him was that I weigh 28 lbs less than him and he's taller/ a guy so that was probably a little bit weird to comprehend.