how long did it take you to lose 20 pounds?

Options
1235»

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months. I started MFP in July. The first 3 months I did not have a regular exercise routine and in October I joined a gym and since then exercise 3 times a week for an hour. I track daily and stay under 1300 calories. I still lose very slowly. I am in my 60's now. But I am wearing clothes now that I have had packed away and have not worn for about 10 years. Still have a lot to lose, though. Remember the tortoise and the hare fable? It helps me stay motivated, especially to exercise.
    70044776.png
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    45 Days
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 281
    CW: 231
    Current Rate of loss: 1.8 lbs per week (avg)
    Good luck!
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    a month and a half or 6 weeks.
  • Zyphun
    Zyphun Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A month, but I am obese so all I had to do is stop eatting junk, count calories and start being active.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    yeah in 2 months I lost 45 pounds
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose 20 lbs with my goal set to lose 1 lb a week. I started at 179 lbs.
  • Seeyoubabyweight
    Seeyoubabyweight Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only have (had) 30lbs to lose. I hit my 20lb off last week, so that was just over three months to lose it.
  • cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    1 month
  • mraudit2000
    mraudit2000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose so it came off faster than somebody with a lot less to lose. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months. I have 81 more to go. Well, I guess its 78 after todays weigh-in.
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months. Slow but healthy rate.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Also 4 months, just reached it this morning!

Another 20 lbs to lose, I'm hoping to keep the momentum going as long as I can, but now I am prepared to see the weight loss slow down eventually.
  • cono0507
    cono0507 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5 months. Slow and steady. Also my BMI was in the normal range when I started and when I finished, so it has been the "stubborn" last 20.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I am 54 yrs old and it took me 5 months to lose 22 pounds. It was a lifestyle change and not a diet. I am healthier and fitter than ever. Good luck and be smart about losing weight.
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was obese, so when I first started MFP those 20 lbs came off in a month. Those were the easy lbs.
  • Sevend7
    Sevend7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Took me about 4.5 months with a more relaxed diet on the weekends and stricter behavior during the week.
  • jcook0716
    jcook0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    About 45 days for me. It's slowing down now.
  • coraborealis80
    coraborealis80 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My first from 221 to 201 took me 1.5 months. I was Obese Class II.
    My second from 201-181 took me 3.5 months.
    I'm expecting the next 20 to take closer to 4 months now that I'm close to the halfway out of Overweight class and gain more muscle mass.
    No loose skin yet.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I started at 198.8 51 days ago and am down 19.2 lbs today! Can't wait for the 20lb mark
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Took me about 7 months and I have a lot to lose. I have being hungry though, aim for .5 pounds a week average and I take breaks to eat at maintenance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not in a hurry.
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Too me 40 days to lose first 22 pounds. It usually depends on how heavy you are when you start and how much caloric deficit you have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!