Any type 1 diabetics out there?

Hi! I have been a type 1 diabetic for some 23 years now. I am looking for other people with the condition so we can moan about how those hypos forced us to eat more calories! I know there are some groups on here but they seem dead. So if you do suffer from the condition, lets help each other through this! :)

Replies

• tamarracalver
    tamarracalver Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I'm also a type one diabetic aince I was 8 years old. So.. 18 years now I think. I agree about having to eat more carbs because of low blood sugars sooo frustrating! You exercise, you get low, you have to eat more grrrr
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Yes type 1 here. Pumping and Dexcom has helped eliminate most lows. I had to cut all insulin by about 30% once I started counting calories. I HATE eating my calories because of a low, especially at 2am!!!
  • helenp9160
    helenp9160 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I have been type 1 for nearly 19 years and i am having a nightmare with mine! I have tried splitting my night injection as kept going low at 3am. I am now struggling to keep my Bloods up all afternoon as a salad doesn't exactly have a load of carbs. I have tried the carb counting method of doses but it doesn't count for the slower relate of fibre etc. Being a real pain and now I am going to throw workouts in the mix too. Going to be a long and frustrating road. Work hard. Be good. Go low.blow a load of cals!
    Extra brownie points for type 1s loosing weight.
  • yonahgefen
    yonahgefen Posts: 5 Member
    Fellow type 1 with insulin pump and CGM, using MFP and Fitbit - trying to get healthier, lose weight. Sometimes I gripe about counting the carbs to correct for low BGs. Argh...