Stuck at same weight

Options
I have been stuck at the same weight since the 18th. I lost 9 pounds quickly and then the scale is stuck and to top it off today i gained a pound. I have a thyroid problem but I am on medication to keep it in check. Any ideas on how I can kick start my weight loss again?

Replies

• prdrmewf
    Options
    I have been stuck at the same weight since the 18th. I lost 9 pounds quickly and then the scale is stuck and to top it off today i gained a pound. I have a thyroid problem but I am on medication to keep it in check. Any ideas on how I can kick start my weight loss again?
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    eat more protein and lots and lots of water it will help your metabolism , or it did mine . Good luck and God bless
  • Widdy1961
    Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree

WATER is the key.

My cousin is a fitness instructor in the British Army and told me that drinking plenty of water is the key to weight loss. (He went into some technical stuff but i didn't understand it)

One thing you must NOT do though is.............give up.

Widdy :smile:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Plateaus SUCK!!!! I've been on one, juggling the same 4 lbs for OVER THREE damn months!!
    I feel your pain.
    I've been losing on this plan for the past 2 weeks, but still w/i the plateau region- we'll see this week if I can break bealow the lowest number. Sometimes it needs to be shaken up. An earlier plateau 20 lbs ago was for about a month- I broke that by no longer working out- low and behold the plateau was broken. This plateau I swiched eating programs ( from W W to myfitnesspal.) We'll see if that works.

Shake things up if you think that will work. Do an extra workout or change excercise...change something and see if that helps.

Good luck!!