Walking 10,000 steps a day!

Options
From April 14, 2015 to today, I have walked 71, 610 steps! I am on my way to be a healthier person!

Replies

• adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well done!! 10,000 isn't always as easy as it seems so you're doing a fantastic job. Are you using your mobile, or wearing pedometer or fitbit type device? I went from a pedometer to a fitbit (which links to MFP automatically) and I LOVE it! :)
  • neleighh
    neleighh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    Excellent :) keep it up, it will do your health fantastic. My cholesterol went from 6.5 to 2.9 just from walking plus high blood pressure from high to normal
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • run2bsane
    run2bsane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just used a Fitbit for the first time yesterday & it really helps motivate!! 10,000 is my goal too. Keep on!
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. I started doing this last year tracking with a Fitbit. Now I'm recovering from surgery that repaired a torn meniscus.
  • julie382738
    julie382738 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done you! I've been doing the same as you, I started on 15th February using a pedometer app on my phone, however, since I started logging on MFP on 12 April, its really spurred me on and every day since then, I've walked at least 10,000 steps, sometimes a lot more....it really gives me a lift seeing all the little "medals" against each day...keep going!
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Reading this is quite motivating! I am only in the 7-8000 steps.
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Excellent!! Keep that up ;)
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up and give us an update.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit and when I got it I realized just how sedentary I was. I was doing about 2600 steps per day back in January. Since then, I've started increasing my daily steps and Monday I'll be increasing to 7000 steps per day!!
    It is VERY difficult to get this many in with my job, etc but I'm finding a way. Hopefully one day I"ll get to 10,000 on a consistent basis!
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep it up.
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I hope my FitBit will motivate me to get moving! I have a sit down job and usually only get in around 2500-2800 steps it seems. So I really need to get myself going! Always looking for FitBit friends~
  • Wellsuzie
    Wellsuzie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Want to be inspired? Read Grandma Gatewood's Walk, The Woman Who Saved The Applachian Trail, by Ben Montgomery; a can't put down, so if you want to get your exercise in for the day read it while walking on the treadmill, page-turner book about Emma Gatewood, first woman to thru-hike the Appalacian Trail, back in 1955. This 67 year old great-grandma walked alone from start to finish, 2050 miles, averaging between 14 to 20 miles per day, I calculate that she walked well over 4 million one hundred thousand steps because of getting lost and having to back track etc. As if that wasn't enough, she did that walk two more times, and no other woman nor man has beat her record. She also walked the 2,000 mile Oregon Trail at the age of 71. This book is well written and has some photos and maps to pull the reader in. I am heading to my treadmill now and will attempt to walk a wimpy hour whilst reading chapter 19 as she hits the Oregon Trail.
  • giddysd
    giddysd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • georgecarl7
    georgecarl7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sweetcheeks, keep up the walking. I too have been walking 10000 steps a day and feel better when I move that much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!