losing slowly and loving it

Options
28 pounds lost and counting. It's taken 6 months!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    28 pounds lost and counting. It's taken 6 months!

Nice!! I wish more people thought like this!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Me too! I realized I'm in this forever so there's really no hurry. I would like to loose 7 pounds by the end of July and I feel this is completely reasonable... but if I don't make it I won't fret.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm on month five and I've lost just 15 pounds. I have about 10-15 to go. It took me 2 or 3 months to finally accept that counting calories could/would work and another month or so to get used to it and fine tune everything. The first month that everything kind of came together I lost 8 pounds. I've lost about ten inches (prob more now, those measurements are from the beg of March) and 2 jeans sizes. It's going slow but I'm doing it in a way that I can sustain always. Glad to see some other slow movers. Everyone always talks about going so fast and I was starting to get down on myself!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Thats a good rate and with that attitude towards a slow loss, you will be saving yourself from so much stress and frustration.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Shazzzamm!

Your post is a breath of fresh air! Great loss and congratulations! I bet you have a thing to two you can offer those struggling everyday that we see here in the MFP community on a day to day basis! :):)
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you !!! I lost 10 pounds in 3 months. Which is fine by me. I am learning good eating habits and I don't stress over having a snack and enjoy my meals out. Plus staying in my calorie goal. :)
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    That is the perfect amount to lose in 6 months and you are developing better, longer lasting habits at the same time! Way to go!
  • gigglesg2004
    gigglesg2004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love it. Just started lost 4 pounds so far and i had to remind my self slow and steady. Because I did not put the weight on overnight so it will not come off that fast either.
  • katyconn123
    katyconn123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same slow and steady I started at end of Jan and have lost 9lbs, I'm delighted if I continue to lose that's the way forward for me , good luck x
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's taken me three years to lose about 40 pounds :) Couldn't be happier taking it slow and steady - I figure I'm practicing for maintaining!
  • soontobeslim87
    soontobeslim87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me too I've lost 10lbs since I started back on it at the end of January. So happy with that progress. I'd rather lose it slowly and learn better eating habits and make exercise a part of my routine rather than something I feel I have to do. I feel better for it and I'm still on track to be close if not at my overall target for the end of the year :)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    7lbs since restarting the count in February. :) Having a great time!
  • 3JinItaly
    3JinItaly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is exactly me too!! 28lbs in 6 months! It's going just fast enough to keep me motivated but not so fast that I'm starving myself all the time. Good job!!!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    2 years and 70 pounds for me. I have 25 to go, my goal is by the end of the year. I have given up nothing, and wouldnt even consider myself on a diet.

plus side is because it has taken so long my skin has not become saggy anywhere cause its elasticity has been given the time to recomp as i lose
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Consistency is key
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That's a great attitude! Slow and steady wins the race. We see so many posts from newcomers wanting to lose weight yesterday. They don't seem to understand that we didn't gain weight overnight and we won't lose weight overnight.