'Positive down to earth people required to keep me motivated

Options
Hello

My names Leanne, I've joined MFP as I've finally faced up to the fact that I must change my lifestyle and get fit and healthy again.

Ive been on here a week and have lost 5lbs. I'm looking to lose 40lbs so I have a long road ahead of me and need some positive inspirational people to help me on my journey.

Replies

• jaatree
    jaatree Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    its my first day here so can't give any advice just yet but would love to see you achieve your target on time. wish you success! ☺
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well done Leanne on your first week! Even if your goal seems distant you'll get there soon enough if you're determined. Feel free to add me.
  • radragonfly
    radragonfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I just finished day two! Thrilled to read about your success so far!
  • ramdihal33
    ramdihal33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first weeks loss Leanne!! I myself just finished my 3rd day with a 3.8lb decrease. I think that's just from stopping the daily work snack of chips, chocolate bar and a can of Coke. LOL. Started at 222.8 lb, goal of 170 lb.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    GJ on the good start. Good you realise it will take some time, but tbh you can do it within a year and it goes quickly. 40lbs isnt trifling, but completely manageable. Ive found the exercise journey as interesting or more interesting than the losing weight side.
  • Jessiemno
    Jessiemno Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job!! We have similar weight loss goals. Feel free to add me!!!
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! Whether your goal is 5 pounds or 50 pounds, you got to start with the first pound, and you've already got it! Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Stay on track with your nutrition, get some exercise, and you'll reach your goal before you know it!
  • angel_baby412006
    angel_baby412006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have only been here a month and only lost 11 lbs but I just cant seem to excersize yet. But I love mfp
  • cacatrn
    cacatrn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I love this site. It's easy to use and it's perfect for my lifestyle. I've lost 7 pounds and discovered that if I exhale when weighing that I'm a 1/2 pound lighter ( LOl- it's true). My goal is to lose 50 pounds. I'm our of shape and am working on my walking. This week, I will walk 20 min per day and be active at home either cleaning and gardening for another 30 to 60 minutes 3 to 5 times a week...how about you?