Gaining weight

Options
I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks! Totally sad and I don't eat badly!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    If you want advice, you need to open your diary so we can see how ' not badly' you may or may not eat. And by not badly, I mean how MUCH, as there are no good or bad foods.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Could be normal fluctuations, TOM, or poop build-up.
  • robindgibson
    robindgibson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks I feel like I poop already a lot though as if I clean my system out everyday every morning I feel have good system there and feel always clean. Ugggg think it's honestly genetics.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Or you are really eating to much

without any stats and a close diary it is hard to give advice
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Have u been keeping accurate track of your calories? Have u done any working out?
  • robindgibson
    Options
    I have kept accurate count of calories, yes! Work out yes when I can. I tore my achillies so some days walking is good and others not so much. I have to listen to my foot and ankle each day.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    but do you weigh or measure your food
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    you're eating too much.
  • robindgibson
    Options
    Yes I certainly do! I ration out my food each time! I can barely afford food. So I definitely plan and portion it out.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    so you weigh everything on a food scale?
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Difference between weighing and measuring food
  • robindgibson
    Options
    No for me I don't weigh food on a food scale. Like I said I ration my food out because I can barely afford it so I have to make it last. So for instance I buy two dollar bags of spinach and a rotisserie chicken 5.99 I get 6 salads out of that. That's 1.33 a salad then my protein shake .50 x3 a day. That's 2.88 a day. Then I buy $3 worth of fruits that last me the week and some beans here and there.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    No for me I don't weigh food on a food scale. Like I said I ration my food out because I can barely afford it so I have to make it last. So for instance I buy two dollar bags of spinach and a rotisserie chicken 5.99 I get 6 salads out of that. That's 1.33 a salad then my protein shake .50 x3 a day. That's 2.88 a day. Then I buy $3 worth of fruits that last me the week and some beans here and there.

Well the video says it all

You eat to much calories. You have no idea how much calories you eat. It is a well known problem
    And for 15 dollars ( food scale on amazon) your problem is solved
    the difference between weighing your food and measuring in cups can be hundreds a day! Look at the short video

• IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    if you can't afford food, why are you buying protein shakes??
    eat a tin of tuna. Much cheaper, less calories, similar proteins.
    if you're stressing about gaining weight, just eat less!
  • robindgibson
    Options
    The log says to eat 1,430 a day. Which I mostly never make it to that! I'm always way under or just about there. So today's for instance I have 800 more to go to reach 1,430 and I go to bed normally by 10pm so I'm all done for the day with eating. I couldn't even imagine putting anything else in my stomach. Because I eat so small my stomach doesn't have room to make it to 1430 calories.
  • robindgibson
    Options
    I bought the shakes because they were only .50 a piece. Tuna does sound good to add to the days but isn't too much tuna bad for you? Mercury levels.
  • robindgibson
    Options
    I spend $11 on food a week! Where did you get the number $15 from theoweljoisedesigns?
  • robindgibson
    Options
    Haaaaa sigh no I wasn't. I have been bed rested for the past 3 years 7 tears to my achillies. So I haven't moved much mostly slept all day okay.
  • robindgibson
    Options
    While other family members stay thin healthy having dads genes.. I have moms genes. If I ate say one thing, "bad" it's ten times worse on my body then it is my other Siblings. They eat what they want everyday all day long and still thin. Me, I ate one thing and you can tell I ate one thing. Genetics I got my moms.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    While other family members stay thin healthy having dads genes.. I have moms genes. If I ate say one thing, "bad" it's ten times worse on my body then it is my other Siblings. They eat what they want everyday all day long and still thin. Me, I ate one thing and you can tell I ate one thing. Genetics I got my moms.

Not true. Excuses. Eat a calorie deficit.