breakfast ideas

Options
NatzBrownie
NatzBrownie Posts: 1 Member
I have never really been a breakfast person, since starting my fitness journey I have had to become one...Does anyone have any healthy and filling breakfast ideas for a woman on the go please help

Replies

• theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    can't go wrong with porridge!
  • sarahcakez
    sarahcakez Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I throw together 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tbsp of cashew milk, some honey and some fruit and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It's ready to eat in the morning and packed with protein and fiber!
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I made steel cut oats last night while I was cooking dinner. I packed it up (enough for 3 breakfasts).

Hard boiled eggs can be made ahead.

Greek yogurt is great. Sometimes I will throw some raw oats in as overnight oats.

quiches and frittatas can be made and frozen.

burritos freeze and reheat fine
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    On the days when I work with my trainer early in the morning, I eat a 3 egg breakfast (he recommended it), with a wholegrain English muffin, and a banana. It steels my wool until lunch time, easy.
  • hmonroe81978
    hmonroe81978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs.. I chop the egg and mix with a little miracle whip and put on light whole wheat toast. Its yummy..also Peanut butter toast with sliced banana is another my favs
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats is really easy and lots of different ways to make it. You just put your oats, some sort of milk/milk substitute (almond, soy, cashew, etc.) and some fruit, spices, sweetener, whatever in a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. The liquid soaks into the oats and softens them, so they end up nicely chewy in the morning without having to cook.

Here's a couple of examples:

Snickerdoodle
    Chai
    Cinnamon bun

I discovered that Fiber One now makes pudding mix, so that's a great addition to the overnight oats recipes, along with Greek yogurt for extra protein.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    When you get bored with oats, you can also make egg muffins a million different ways. Just lightly beat some eggs and pour them into a muffin tin (should be about 2 eggs per cavity) then add some other ingredients like peppers and onions, garlic, sausage or bacon, green onions, even hashbrowns. Bake until cooked through. These freeze really well.
  • salemthecat27
    salemthecat27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am usually on the go in the morning, so I do a quick protein shake. I've used a chocolate protein powder for years, but now add to it with unsweetened almond milk, ground flax, unsweetened dark cocoa powder, and 1/2 a banana. But the great thing is that you can do whatever you like - add berries, veggies, yogurt, whatever, just keep it all in check that the sugar isn't out of control. Hope this helps!
  • Schrodingers1lost1cat1returns
    Options
    I like to start my morning off with two bottles of water, some red grape fruit, a cup of almonds, and a oats n honey nature valley bar, and some Greek yogurt, or sometimes I blend up a mixture of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, banana with some milk, and grapefruit Greek yogurt then I'll serve it up with a side of banana chips or almonds.
  • cazikiz
    cazikiz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds disgusting but scrambled egg whites, avocado, and spring onion are stunning together!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Prepping your breakfast the night before can be a big help. I like overnight oats, egg sandwiches on homemade bread, muffins, and waffles.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Make ahead freezer breakfast sandwiches or burritos, Mcmuffins, make ahead frittata/egg muffins like these quiche cupcakes or sausage cheese and egg bake.

I'm loving simple frittatas. This week I made cabbage/bacon and I'm making another one tomorrow - it's that good.

My personal recipe - breakfast burrito
    Sauté onion, pepper, mushroom, spinach. Chop 8 slices of turkey or center cut bacon, and crisp. Cook 8 scrambled eggs, and mix all cooled ingredients together. Lay out 8 large high fiber/low carb burritos (like La Tortilla Factory smart and delicious line or Ole Wellness High Fiber). Divide mixture amongst 8 burritos, top each with 14-28g cheese of choice, and roll into burritos, folding in the sides. Lay seam side down on cookie sheet, and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave wrapped in damp paper towel for 2-3 minutes until thawed or microwave until thawed and crisp in a pan or under the broiler. Options: add in cooked potatoes, vegetables to taste, sun dried tomatoes, jalapenos, hot sauce, or any other preferred fillings. Can substitute 2 egg whites for each whole egg.
  • Tiffany517
    Tiffany517 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Search for Hungry Girl Egg Mugs. Or go to the Eggbeaters website. There are endless options for cooking eggs, egg whites, or egg substitute in a coffee mug. If you have seen it in a quiche or omelet you can make a similar egg mug.

hg_s-California-love-mug.pngCalifornia Egg Mug
  • JakeSweeney73
    JakeSweeney73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to scramble up some egg whites with mushrooms, kale, and garlic. Serve with some 12-grain/wheat toast. A personal touch is a couple dashes of hot sauce
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Van's whole wheat waffles with some prepared oil free PB2 (powdered peanut butter you make with water) then sliced bananas...with drizzle of honey or fat free syrup. mmmm :-)
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats is really easy and lots of different ways to make it. You just put your oats, some sort of milk/milk substitute (almond, soy, cashew, etc.) and some fruit, spices, sweetener, whatever in a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. The liquid soaks into the oats and softens them, so they end up nicely chewy in the morning without having to cook.

Here's a couple of examples:

Snickerdoodle
    Chai
    Cinnamon bun

I discovered that Fiber One now makes pudding mix, so that's a great addition to the overnight oats recipes, along with Greek yogurt for extra protein.
    dklibert wrote: »
    Search for Hungry Girl Egg Mugs. Or go to the Eggbeaters website. There are endless options for cooking eggs, egg whites, or egg substitute in a coffee mug. If you have seen it in a quiche or omelet you can make a similar egg mug.

hg_s-California-love-mug.pngCalifornia Egg Mug

• theconstantgardener
    theconstantgardener Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    couple of rice cakes with peanut butter and banana on one and smoked salmon with tabasco, lemon, pepper on the other
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    crustless quiche............. Spray a pie plate with non-cooking spray, add whatever veggies/cheese you want (i love spinach & feta combo)......beat 6 eggs, 1 cup of milk (ff, low fat, whatever), 1/4 cup of flour and a dash of nutmeg.....pour egg mixture over the veggies and bake @ 350 appx 25 - 35 minutes (depending on your oven) ............I will make this on Sunday, and it will last right thru Saturday with 6 slices at appx 250 per slice (depending on what you put in it)