Pedometer app?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good pedometer app? I have downloaded Runtastic Pedometer, but it doesn't seem to work that well. Even when I keep my screen on it doesn't seem to be counting all of my steps. Thank you in advance. :)

Replies

• anne_croft
    anne_croft Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use one called withing, but u have to keep yr phone on you at all times. U can buy other gadgets that will go heart rate, BP and monitor yr sleep patterns. The pedometer is good enough for me.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the help. I will look for it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I found 'noom walk' to be pretty accurate. But it doesn't sync with mfp :disappointed:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I've used MapMyWalk, but that relies on GPS, I think. I've also tried Samsung Health, since it came free on my phone, and didn't like it. But isn't there one on the MFP app?

My problem with the apps is that I don't always have my phone on me, especially around the house or at work, so it would miss an awful lot of steps if I were using it all day.
  • delipidation
    delipidation Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use Walkroid. Accurate, runs as a service in the background (even behind the lock screen), doesn't chew up the battery -- just a well-behaved app that does what it's supposed to .
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

My problem with the apps is that I don't always have my phone on me, especially around the house or at work, so it would miss an awful lot of steps if I were using it all day.

Yeah that's the only problem with phone pedometers. Because I'm on bloody mfp so much, I'm forever charging my phone. Plus you have to remember to have your phone on you every time you walk. I always stuffed in my bra cup which was a bit uncomfortable. ..
    For me, it was easier to spring for a $70 fitbit zip