Can't seem to see or feel a difference...

Options
Xpecta
Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm almost at my half way mark of losing 130 pounds. I'm currently 61 down. I've brokend the 200 mark and made it to 199, yet when I look at myself, I can't see it. I can't feel it, and even when I compare pictures, I say "It's not that big of a difference."

Has anyone else struggled with this? How did you get through it? Or is it just my body type? Maybe it's not that big of a difference?

Here's a recent comparison. Is it just in my head, or is there really hardly a difference?

2015-04-27_22.01.54.jpg

Replies

• lepappy
    lepappy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not how you look , it's how you feel . You can not look beautiful unless you feel beautiful . You're working so hard for a difference but not appreciating your accomplishments . There is obviously a great difference in these pictures ! Great job ! You look like you w lost way more than 61 pounds ! Keep it up and stop bringing yourself down . Love you and everything will come into place . You look great beautiful !
  • sharonmtharp
    sharonmtharp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference in your cheeks, your shoulders, your arms, I know it's hard when you live with your body everyday but these pictures really are different. Congratulations and keep up the good work. Sharon
  • Xpecta
    Options
    I don't really feel it either yet :S

Thank you for your kind words. I'm hoping that one day I will just wake up, and I'll see it!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i've had the problem as well with not feeling or seeing changes ! I stoped taking so many photos of myself/body for a while and stopped looking in the mirror so much at my body. i only used the scale to track progress knowing iam still losing lbs ,to get through this problem where i felt or saw no changes>> but all the while my body was changeing the whole time! ive only started taking photos everytime i hit a goal weight i set for myself for compare photos
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    and yes theres a huge difference in ur appearence starting with ur face is much more slim .. and ur body has slimmed out alot as well
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Maybe I should do that... I tucked my scale away a couple days ago though. It was driving me Batty. I guess I need to just take a breather and relax. I'm not quite sure how to do that, but I should try.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    yes just relax ur fine just keep do what u been doing to aquire -61 ,, the changes we cant see many others maybe can for sure always good to share to get some 1 else point of view :0 also when i use the scale to track progress i use it only 2x- 3x time a month ~beginning,mid & End or Begining & End btw ^^ congrats on -61 pound!! walk with ur head high now ur an acheiver ;)
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words! I need it. People that know me don't say anything either. I think I'm just feeling discouraged. I need others points of view who understand the world of weight loss. Thank you all again!
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference. If your nose wasn't there I probably wouldn't have thought you were the same person.
  • salemthecat27
    salemthecat27 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you are doing great! I would echo what lepappy said above, it's how you feel. 61lbs is an amazing accomplishment! Be proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    OMG I cant believe you dont see it, look at your face! Really everything is smaller, you're doing awesome!
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great in both photos. But how are you feeling? You certainly look happier in the earlier photo.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It's just in your head. It will take time for your brain to catch up. 2 to 3 months for your brain to register it. People you know won't say anything about your weight loss because a lot of us tend to lose our way and gain the weight back.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    I think I was happier then... But that had to do with a struggle with post partum depression. Maybe that has something to do with why I can't see it? It's been a couple of tough months, and not being able to see my progress is discouraging. Still going on the hopes that I'll see it soon.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Exact mentality as I had last time I dropped down, couldn't see anything but my old self.

If you could see from someone else's perspective you'd understand. You look way slimmer in the after shot. Hopefully you can see it some day soon :)
  • GFitMan
    GFitMan Posts: 6,767 Member
    Options
    the only thing you need are better glasses because there is a spectacular positive difference in your fotos. Trust us on this one ! Congrats.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    GFitMan wrote: »
    the only thing you need are better glasses because there is a spectacular positive difference in your fotos. Trust us on this one ! Congrats.

I don't wear glasses :P haha, but thank you. It really does mean a lot that people here at least see it. Maybe it will help me.
  • galaxyeyed
    galaxyeyed Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo everyone else and say: I can definitely tell a difference! Sixty pounds is an AMAZING achievement, many congrats!

I lost about 40 pounds a couple years ago, but couldn't really tell a difference. I mean, yeah, I bought new clothes, was able to fit into smaller sizes, whatever, but I didn't FEEL any smaller. I still identified with the overweight girl who ate everything. Of course, letting myself think like this led me off track. Once I gained back 20 pounds, I was kicking myself and looking at pictures like "Omg, I was so tiny!! Why did I let myself gain weight back?!" Your mind catches up slower than you lose the weight...you just gotta give it time before you start to actually appreciate it, I think. I hope you soon see what all of the people here do :smile: And never give up!!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I can see it, you are getting a real hour glass thing going. Which means you can start dressing in ways that show off the curves if you would like. You don't see it but you have a shirt on that washes (hides)the figure some. But even with the wrong type of shirt I can tell your on your way.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. Down over 76lbs but I don't see it.

I might take some pictures to compare and see if that helps.