drinking calories

Options
2»

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    The only drinking calories I have problems with are alcohol (don't like tea/coffee/milk/regular soda). I just factor them into my daily calorie allowance though, and I have found that I am so motivated that it is actually stopping e from drinking so much.

Diet soda is a god send, even as a mixer....currently loving the cherry pepsi max they have going on. That combined with a double vodka is just over 100 calories, so doesn't totally break the calorie bank!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I cut most drinks out of my diet. I now drink water and about three coffee's a day. No more soda no more juice, and I was never big on alcohol. I barely even miss them anymore. I will have a diet soda when I go out to eat sometimes, but that's about it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I try never to drink my calories. I like to chew food and feel like I'm eating!

This +1. Calories are too precious for me. id just keep drinks with serious calories as a treat. the only exception is milk, but even then I prefer to have it with food and its got a lot of goodness in. Diet drinks are a boon, but the normal drinks like tea or coffee are fine , just ditch the sugar. I drink more water than i ever have.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I gave up drinking my calories back in the late 1980s.

I was working in a donut shop, and *somehow* I grew into a new uniform size. I decided I had better cut back on something, so I quit drinking my calories. I still drank ... water, black coffee, black tea, diet drinks ... so I wasn't dehydrated, I just wasn't consuming so much sugar.

I lost 5 lb in a couple weeks with that one small adjustment. :)
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It is hard to give up things that you like. However I am a person that would rather eat my calories. A suggestion for alcohol - dilute a glass with half low cal beer and diet lemonade (can you get that in the USA?). We call that drink a shandy.
    If you "need" the drinks cut down slowly and the advice drink a glass of water first is good. If not then mind over matter and we all have to deal with that if we want to lose weight.
    Good luck.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink black coffee, herbal tea, and water. My problem is wine. When I first started losing weight, I made a rule for myself that I am only allowed to drink on weekends and not during the week (previously, I would have at least 1-2 glasses with dinner EVERY night). This rule really helped and I have been about 90% successful with sticking to that rule since 2012. I just make sure that I am creating enough of a deficit during the week so I can drink on Friday/Saturday nights.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, but still want to feel like you are getting your fizzy fix, you could try seltzers. They make a lot of great flavors now. No artificial sweeteners, and 0 calories.