Stay, stay , stay, BIG drop, little gain, stay, stay

Options
Stay, stay , stay, BIG drop, little gain, stay, stay, stay.
It's crazy since I've started this is the pattern I follow, I never lose consistently, it's not like I go down a few ounces a day I have a big drop of like 4-5lbs in a couple of days then I gain 1 or 2 back and stay that way for a couple of weeks. Then another big drop and a little gain and stay that way.
My calories and exercise are fairly consistent(unless I’m sick or something) any clue why my body loses this way?

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Your subject line is EXACTLY how my body works, too....ugh!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I just consider it "normal" and carry on. In general it's a downward trend so it's all good.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's crazy since I've started this is the pattern I follow, I never lose consistently, it's not like I go down a few ounces a day I have a big drop of like 4-5lbs in a couple of days then I gain 1 or 2 back and stay that way for a couple of weeks. Then another big drop and a little gain and stay that way.
    My calories and exercise are fairly consistent(unless I’m sick or something) any clue why my body loses this way?

Best guess is you are either not drinking enough water, or not eating enough calories.

Usually this kind of a plateau is caused by not enough calories, but it could be because you are not varying your workouts as well. (I don't know if you are or not.)

How many calories per day are you eating, and are you fairly consistent?
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Not an answer, just a suggestion. As long as it goes down overall, I wouldn't worry about it. If you want to measure yourself, it might be a better way of recording your progress.
  • essesandgees
    Options
    The same exact thing just happened to me! And yesterday, I ended up taking in more calories than I had all week. Weird.

So yeah, let me know when you find out :)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Guess what????? You are completely NORMAL and just like the rest of us (ha ha)!

Stay the course and eventually it all works out in the end, maybe not as fast as you would like, but you will get there!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am also in a similar situation...it is good to know that others have the same thing going on. I am just going to keep going on... :wink: We can all do this!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I think its just maybe how are bodies are with hormones and TOM and all.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY what my body does. ugh it's so frustrating.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Best guess is you are either not drinking enough water, or not eating enough calories.

Usually this kind of a plateau is caused by not enough calories, but it could be because you are not varying your workouts as well. (I don't know if you are or not.)

How many calories per day are you eating, and are you fairly consistent?
    I was eating 1200 and not eating back my exercise calories, when I stoped losing for almost a month I decided to up my calories to 1400 and I lost a lot right away. I had to stop the 30 day shred as my hips couldn't take it so I walk my dog as exercise almost every day now.
    I haven't been feeling well this week though so my calories have been low and it's been raining so I havn't walked at all.
  • debsavking
    debsavking Posts: 13
    Options
    Same thing with me One week I wud have a hugh lost then the next week I gain doing the same thing I did the previous week. But I still hang in there watching what I eat and exercise.:smile:
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am the same way too! You just have to look at the big picture & that you are still going down overall.
  • AMKAG
    AMKAG Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Same thing here.... I figure I'm learning how my body works... it's "research" . SO many variables...... How often do you weight yourself? Try taking your measurements. If the scale hasn't changed, usually the measurements have.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to know I'm not the only one this happens too!