What's the most amazing soup you've ever had?

Options

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    People rant about my chicken soup. Have to like low sodiom
  • namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato chipotle apple from food and wine-warm, comforting, low cal,and nutritious!
  • Dawn5202
    Dawn5202 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband makes amazing soups that are very nutritious. Beef vetable, vegetable chicken curry, chicken and rice with vegetables, cabbage soup. They are all fabulous, but unfortunately, he never uses a recipe or I would share. He just starts cooking and they are always great!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    This that I got from MFP actually.
    c49lhdnbmlq9.jpg
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »

Oh my God, that looks amazing. I love rutabegas! Must try ASAP.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    The crab bisque at Lobster house in Cape May, N.J.!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Micheal symon's blue cheese tomato soup. I swap out the cream for evaporated skim milk and its 119 calories per cup - I'm serving it at my wedding soup bar along with the roasted vegetable soup from againstallagrain.com http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/30/leftover-roast-chicken-soup-with-roasted-vegetables/
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My own Unstuffed Pepper Soup. I use Morningstar crumbles instead of meat. It works out to 150 calories for a good sized bowl (1.5 cups) and is really filling.

A local restaurant makes an unbelievable pumpkin and apple cider soup every fall. I don't even like to think about the calories (it's made with heavy cream) but is so worth it.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Matzo ball soup from a good Jewish deli or a really good udon from a Japanese cafe (best I had was in a Chicago subway tunnel restaurant!). Warning: Slurping may ensue.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The recipe below is by far my favourite. Very filling, and the ACV brings the flavour to a whole new level. Delish!
    (recipe taken from http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.ca/2011/03/mellow-lentil-sniffle-soup.html, although I also own the recipe book it's from - Eat, Drink & Be Vegan - too)

Mellow Lentil “Sniffle” Soup

This is one of those 'go-to' soups that is comforting, delicious with plenty of flavor but not spicy, and sure to chase away those winter 'sniffles'!
    MAKES 5–6 SERVINGS. WHEAT-FREE

1–1½ tbsp olive oil
    1½ cups onion, diced
    1 cup celery, diced
    ¾ cup carrots, diced
    3 large cloves garlic, minced
    ½ tsp sea salt
    freshly ground black pepper to taste
    ¾–1 tsp curry powder
    1 tsp paprika
    ¼ tsp dried thyme
    2 cups dry red lentils
    3 cups vegetable stock
    4–4½ cups water
    2½–3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped (see note)
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

In a large pot on medium heat, add oil, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper, curry powder, paprika, and dried thyme and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 7–8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rinse lentils. Add lentils, stock, and water and stir to combine. Increase heat to bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12–15 minutes. Add rosemary and simmer for another 8–10 minutes or more, until lentils are completely softened. Stir in vinegar, season to taste with additional salt and black pepper if desired.

Cooking Note: Fresh rosemary is exquisite in this soup, but if you don’t have it, you can use dried. However, add it at the beginning of the cooking process, along with the other dried spices, and use less—about 1 tsp.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »

Oh my God, that looks amazing. I love rutabegas! Must try ASAP.

The flavor combo of smoked paprika and rutabaga is divine, I get hearts dancing above my head thinking about this soup. <3
    I also didn't use cream, and just added a small tin of evaporated milk. The amount of cream called for in what is basically a veggie soup might overpower the flavors.

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    My family's favorite is Posole with real anchos ( I've seen recipes online with no ancho chiles--weird).
    Love posole too. Never heard of it with ancho chiles. I live in NM and posole is a holiday staple here. Dried red chile is what New Mexicans use and perhaps a roasted green chile version would be acceptable.

That said I love all soups. My kids favorite is split pea with fresh rosemary and diced ham. Mine is a turkey sausage soup with rosemary that similar to Zappa Toscana. Yum!
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and stilton, *kitten*!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, it was a Boston Pizza restaurant soup...their Roasted Red Pepper. It was sooo good! Unfortunately they took it off their menu. Wish I knew how to replicate it :((
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »
    Believe it or not, it was a Boston Pizza restaurant soup...their Roasted Red Pepper. It was sooo good! Unfortunately they took it off their menu. Wish I knew how to replicate it :((

This soup Roasted Red Pepper Soup is phenomenal if you're looking for one. I don't know how it compares to the restaurant, but it's so good!
  • Queenmunchy
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i had a wonderful corn and potato chowder years ago at this little local hotel bar. they stopped serving it. :disappointed:

This Corn Chowder is really delicious for being so low calorie. It's one of the best I've had.
  • brighter13
    brighter13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    olive garden chicken gnocchi, not the most healthy dish but still delicious.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    mandy_bird wrote: »
    Pumpkin soup! Although it has cream in it, I think it's heavenly: http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2011/10/pumpkin-soup.html

I had the most amazing pumpkin soup once in Vietnam and have never been able to find pumpkin soup as good since. This recipe looks good, but sadly I think the tasteless pumpkins we get in the UK are part of the problem.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »

This soup Roasted Red Pepper Soup is phenomenal if you're looking for one. I don't know how it compares to the restaurant, but it's so good!

Thanks Queenmunchy! I'll give it a try very soon!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My best friend made a mushroom-and-barley soup a decade ago that haunts my dreams. I've never convinced him to make it again and I'm afraid if I make it myself it won't be as good.