Why is this so hard to do?

Options
Hello Everyone!

I am having such a hard time logging in my exercise. I take an ab attack class and they do several abdominal exercises plus other things and i dont know how to log that in. I dont even know what half of them are called except for the generic sit up or crunch. Then I cannot find walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes at a high incline. oh and where is the zumba option...lol Anyone know how I can do this? Advice would be appreciated...=)
Have a good day!!

KaT

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    do you have a heart rate monitor? Could be worth investing in one to find out the cals you burn doing things that aren't listed, then just find the closest thing that exists on there and log the actual cals you burnt?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I log using my HRM. It gives you a better account of how many calories you really burned
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    look under "calisthenics"
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are very useful. It's a good idea to buy one.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I log mine as calisthenics, light.
  • Julesfame
    Julesfame Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I created my own exercise entitled "treadmill" and write down the calories that the treadmill says I burned. Might not be accurate to a tee but it has been working. Also, when I do babk -to-back esercises like you are doing, I log it in under "calisthentics" (sp). Someone put it in under the exercise. It give you calories burned. It may not be exact, but I can't figure out the HRM stuff so it works for me.
  • Roxey7
    Roxey7 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just find something that is close to what the execise looks like and chose it - I try not to stress about it being perfect - something counted is better then none - and just chose on the lower end of the spectrum so you are not going over ....since it adds the calories to your daily food count. Or if you use the HRM - you can just add the workout on your own.
  • cv4123
    cv4123 Posts: 8
    Options
    Most treadmills have a heart rate monitor built in. If so see what your speed is on no incline that gets your heart rate the same as when you are on the incline and use that speed when you enter your working. As far as calories burned in a class unless is it high cardio I use the weight lifting category in the cardio log to determine the calories to enter.
    Hope this helps.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

http://www.prohealth.com/weightloss/tools/exercise/calculator1_2.cfm

Neither one does Zumba, you should probably log it under Aerobics. I always log crunches and such as Calisthenics. But I love the health status calculator. It calculates shopping, sex, and traveling. Fab!
  • catgoodey
    catgoodey Posts: 15
    Options
    i agree, the exercise logging is a nightmare and it's so much guesswork how can it be right?
    there is an option for walking uphill 3.5 mph but i find it isn't the same as my treadmill reads. my gym has programmable one so you can put in your age, weight, etc and it's a more accurate measure of calories burned.
    mostly i pick comething that's quite close but the database definately has holes in it. if you underestimate the calories you've used then you'll be on the safe side but surely if you don't count it or underestimate by too much you won't be eating enough to get the energy needed and then could be pushing your body into starvation. maybe borrow a HRM (my gym lends them out if you're a regular) off a friend or someone else in the class to see what an average class might be?
  • GameOn2011
    GameOn2011 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I log under circuit training. It cover strength training mixed with cardio.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I log the sort of thing you are doing in class as calisthenics, either light or heavy depending on how high my heart rate gets and if it stays there for long. I think most people log Zumba under dance, or perhaps aerobics. As for the treadmill, I always log it under walking and the mph. So for example, "walking, 3.5mph", and use the calories that the machine displays.

It will get easier as you get used to it. And you can always create your own exercise to log what you do.