Needing motivation

Options
hello! I'm hoping this forum will assist me in my weight loss journey. I have a solid goal now as my daughter will marry this year. But I want to do it for me, I feel miserable, this is the heaviest I've been...arg!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Motivation really comes from within and from you. You are the person it matters to. Write down a list of reasons why you want to lose weight, you already list a few and then decide whether they are great enough to persuade yourself to start a lifestyle change and stick with it.

Losing weight is pretty straightforward as long as you find a way of moderating your food intake so you eat a little less and maybe moving a little more. Weigh and log your food every day using MFP and some kitchen scales and that should be a good start. Be realistic about how long it will take and just keep being at a deficit. Do it one day at a time. 1lb a week is a good rule of thumb to give you an idea how long it will take. Look at the success forums for people who mave met their goals and understand it could be you, all they have done is be at a calorific deficit.

Get some friends here to support you.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would be happy to be friends. Feel free to add me. A wedding is a great "why" for getting in shape!
  • LaceyVskmp1980
    LaceyVskmp1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sent a FR :)
  • Jbubello
    Jbubello Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just stay with it! In just 2-3 weeks you will start to feel engaged and not feel sick! I know the feeling! This is a great and supporting community!
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Motivation really comes from within and from you. You are the person it matters to. Write down a list of reasons why you want to lose weight, you already list a few and then decide whether they are great enough to persuade yourself to start a lifestyle change and stick with it.

Losing weight is pretty straightforward as long as you find a way of moderating your food intake so you eat a little less and maybe moving a little more. Weigh and log your food every day using MFP and some kitchen scales and that should be a good start. Be realistic about how long it will take and just keep being at a deficit. Do it one day at a time. 1lb a week is a good rule of thumb to give you an idea how long it will take. Look at the success forums for people who mave met their goals and understand it could be you, all they have done is be at a calorific deficit.

Get some friends here to support you.

This pretty much sums it up as good as I've ever read or typed. Consistency = results.
  • morgiecook
    morgiecook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new here too (-: I'll send a friend request!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to. Feel free to add me and I will try to make suggestions.

Have fun with it. Focus on your goal. Never be afraid to ask questions.
  • Christinaisgoingtodothis
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It made my day! Last evening was the first time (in awhile) that I said No to wine and a whole day of eating healthy. Even today as I write this I had a few bites of oatmeal this morning, an apple for snack and tuna pkg for lunch. One day at a time....