Trying to lose 35 pounds

Options
Hi everyone!
I started my diet 5 days ago. So far I have lost 2 pounds. I was 151 now I'm 149. My goal is about 115-120.
Yes, I'm short.
But here's the problem.. Every now and then I just wanna eat junk food. I absolutely love it! I like all the fried chicken, love the cheese burgers! Ugh! And I would rather eat junk than healthy food. I hate doing this to my body though. What's a good way to keep me motivated ? I tried so many things. I don't wanna give it.. I am only starting.
I excercise about 35 mins aday.
Please help :(

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    so eat fried chicken...I eat KFC frequently (about 2x a month or more)

I am having bacon cheese burgers tonight.

There is no junk food, it's all fuel for your body.

Just because you are trying to lose weight doesn't mean you have to give up the foods you love...just the quantity.

For example If you want fried chicken get it..but try to make it from skinless chicken breast. Cheese burger use lowfat cheese, lean hamburger etc.

Even if it's a fast food one you can still eat it just stay in goal and you are golden.

If you look at my diary you will see I save 200 calories a day for chocolate...everyday.

If you find you are using up the calories you have exercise a bit more to get more calories.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    ^ This, even though she's grievously wrong about KFC and should be going to Popeye's instead, if it's an option up there.
  • Monikaj4
    Monikaj4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i dont eat junk food or fats because i dont like to exercise more than 40 mins a day. so theres no way to burn them ... and plus i will lose weight slower
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I bank my calories so that I can work in a burger or a treat once or twice a week. If I have a burger...no way do I get french fries. My exercise calories give me a bit of flexibility and I eat a moderate breakfast and lunch. On weekends I generally skip breakfast to bank calories for big Sunday supper
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree with Deguello. We just got a popeyes near my house and it is way better than KFC. Although, by our beach house there is a fried chicken place called Kickn Chickn and it blows both of them away.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    What do you want more? To lose weight or that junk food? There is nothing wrong with incorporating SOME of this food that you love, but moderation is the key. Instead of every day dinner being junk food, maybe be a treat once a week and still stick it within your daily allotment of calories (so light on breakfast and lunch on the weekend so you can splurge most of your calories at night for junk food).

Ultimately, noone is force feeding you this junk food, so if you can't moderate it, then you'll have to find coping mechanisms to moderate the intake of it.
  • Monikaj4
    Options
    I bank my calories so that I can work in a burger or a treat once or twice a week. If I have a burger...no way do I get french fries. My exercise calories give me a bit of flexibility and I eat a moderate breakfast and lunch. On weekends I generally skip breakfast to bank calories for big Sunday supper

good idea! thanx
  • jmooose
    jmooose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ex junk food lover here! this is just my opinion and may not work for everyone, but a few things I do to keep myself motivated are:

1.) weigh myself often (seeing the scale constantly drop is extremely motivating) and in the end when I deny the brownies and fast food, seeing the 2lb weight drop is way more satisfying than 2 minutes of pure indulgent.

2.) Before and after pictures, your eyes are extremely deceiving and if you don't have a picture to compare to, chances are you're not going to notice a difference for 2-3 months because you see yourself every day.

3.) check google for images of 1-10 pounds of fat. It truly is amazing how good you should feel about losing 1LB of fat alone.

4.) from personal experience after about 1 month of eating healthy my desire for junk food went out the window. You're typical "boring" foods like broccoli make my body feel so amazing it's hard to imagine going back.

5.) plan some fun meals, buy some new interesting foods like almond butter, or plan a delicious healthy salmon or tuna dinner. Steam some broccoli for lunch, or buy some your favorite raw nuts like almonds or cashews mixed with raisins etc.

6.) Drink tons of water all day, this will jumpstart your metabolism and help you burn more calories, lower your average temperature clean your mouth and lubricate your body, not to mention in about a week your skin will feel so soft you won't be able to stop feeling it!

Just a few things off the top of my head, 4-5months goes by so fast, and before you know it time will be up, you will either have a brand new looking body and you will be SO happy. Or you could eat junk food and 4-5months from now you'll look back regretting it. Goodluck It gets better!!
  • Monikaj4
    Options
    jmooose wrote: »
    Hello, Ex junk food lover here! this is just my opinion and may not work for everyone, but a few things I do to keep myself motivated are:

1.) weigh myself often (seeing the scale constantly drop is extremely motivating) and in the end when I deny the brownies and fast food, seeing the 2lb weight drop is way more satisfying than 2 minutes of pure indulgent.

2.) Before and after pictures, your eyes are extremely deceiving and if you don't have a picture to compare to, chances are you're not going to notice a difference for 2-3 months because you see yourself every day.

3.) check google for images of 1-10 pounds of fat. It truly is amazing how good you should feel about losing 1LB of fat alone.

4.) from personal experience after about 1 month of eating healthy my desire for junk food went out the window. You're typical "boring" foods like broccoli make my body feel so amazing it's hard to imagine going back.

5.) plan some fun meals, buy some new interesting foods like almond butter, or plan a delicious healthy salmon or tuna dinner. Steam some broccoli for lunch, or buy some your favorite raw nuts like almonds or cashews mixed with raisins etc.

6.) Drink tons of water all day, this will jumpstart your metabolism and help you burn more calories, lower your average temperature clean your mouth and lubricate your body, not to mention in about a week your skin will feel so soft you won't be able to stop feeling it!

Just a few things off the top of my head, 4-5months goes by so fast, and before you know it time will be up, you will either have a brand new looking body and you will be SO happy. Or you could eat junk food and 4-5months from now you'll look back regretting it. Goodluck It gets better!!

wow thank you so much for taking the time to let me know all of that. it def. helps. i will take ur advice and keep going. and i would rather challenge myself for the 4-5 months to see the difference.. rather than gaining even more weight.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Monikaj4 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I started my diet 5 days ago. So far I have lost 2 pounds. I was 151 now I'm 149. My goal is about 115-120.
    Yes, I'm short.
    But here's the problem.. Every now and then I just wanna eat junk food. I absolutely love it! I like all the fried chicken, love the cheese burgers! Ugh! And I would rather eat junk than healthy food. I hate doing this to my body though. What's a good way to keep me motivated ? I tried so many things. I don't wanna give it.. I am only starting.
    I excercise about 35 mins aday.
    Please help :(

Just eat those things sometimes. You will be fine. Stop labeling food as junk or healthy.
    Plan it in advance. Fit it in your calorie goal. Eat lighter the rest of the day or add some more exercise. Reduce the portion size and/or change what you have with it. Make your own at home to reduce sodium or fat. Look at your weekly calories instead of just daily.
    If I am wanting a hamburger then I have one regular size. I have a salad with it and drink unsweetened tea or water.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You might log a hypothetical day in your food diary of what you used to typically eat before trying to lose weight. See really how much over your calorie goal you used to eat. Then you can figure out what and how much it would require you to cut out to get within goal. You may find that it won't be that painful afterall.

For example: Maybe you drink a few high calorie coffee drinks every day. You may find that cutting out some of those would be preferrable to cutting out, say, a cheeseburger.
  • Monikaj4
    Options
    You might log a hypothetical day in your food diary of what you used to typically eat before trying to lose weight. See really how much over your calorie goal you used to eat. Then you can figure out what and how much it would require you to cut out to get within goal. You may find that it won't be that painful afterall.

For example: Maybe you drink a few high calorie coffee drinks every day. You may find that cutting out some of those would be preferrable to cutting out, say, a cheeseburger.

How do I log a hypothetical day?
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    A good alternative to junk food out is to make it at home with some easy swaps.

For example, a grilled burger at home is around half the calories of a sit down burger joint.

Love fries? If you buy frozen ones and bake them instead of fry in oil, it's much lower in fat and sodium.

My favorite swap is pizza. Frozen pizza may not be the most delicious option in the world, but half a pie usually rings in at 350-850 calories- way less than splitting a large delivery at 1,200-1,800 calories! I add italian seasoning and red pepper flakes for extra calorie free flavor.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Make room in your allotment for the occasional fried chicken or cheeseburger. Pre-logging your days helps tremendously, with showing where you're at calorically.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    As others have said already you can still enjoy the junky foods, as long as it's logged and within your calories.
    For me this meant adjusting my choices, opting for smaller portions etc. Good example is that Dominoes do a personal size pizza which is 400-500 calories depending on toppings instead of the 1000s I used to have!
    I've got used to ordering Dominoes and KFC without going over my calories and without any guilt!